Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q, sound, live feed and CRV issues please help!!!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JJEENN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I have had the Arlo Q for around 2 months now and so far am having a lot of issues - note i have tried accessing the system on both desktop (multiple browsers) and iphone and am having issues on all avenues.  I have also reset my system countless times!

The issues I am having are:

1) the live feed often doesn't work - on a desktop I just get a blank black screen (it never works) and on the iphone it sometimes works but hardly ever has sound

2) the CRV footage doesn't have sound (I have checked and all sound settings are enabled (I also get sound in the snap shot videos)

3) the snap shot videos are often jumpy and sometimes have sound sometimes don't

Can anyone help me?  is the system just a bit useless i.e. shoudl i be returning it?

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Place the camera in a convenient place and try to duplicate the problems. If it works there, it would seem to be a location issue. If it's still an issue, open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JJEENN,

As mentioned above, this sounds like it could be a signal issue at the cameras location. Try relocating the camera (temporarily, close to your router) to see if you have the same issues.

JamesC

JJEENN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi the camera is currently only around 10 feet from the router so I don't think that can be it. Could it be faulty hardware?
JJEENN
Aspirant
Aspirant
P.s thanks for your suggestions!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I'd reset the camera using the reset button until the LED flashes amber. Resync. Same issue or does it work fine now?
JJEENN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi yes I think I've reset it around 10 times now! I guess I need to call ARLO support??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup.  No need to waste time on things that don't help.