Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q shows offline on both iPhone and website but still records

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DanCzech
Aspirant
Aspirant

I set up a new Arlo Q camera. It shows offline in both the iPhone app and on the website on my desktop browser. I still get notifications and recording for motion and sound detection. I am unable to set up scheduling or geofencing on it because it continues to show offline. I have already removed it and re-added it to my account without any luck. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanCzech
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have another Arlo Q that I've had for years with no issues. This morning both were showing offline. I still had recordings from both. Later I saw that the new camera had updated its firmware and it is now working. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you also getting recordings?

Are you using a VPN or some other networking software/device that could be causing this? For the phone, do you get the same indication on both cell service as well as WiFi? What about if you're using a different WiFi? What country are you in?

DanCzech
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have another Arlo Q that I've had for years with no issues. This morning both were showing offline. I still had recordings from both. Later I saw that the new camera had updated its firmware and it is now working.