Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q settings reset after power cycling

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
EFTC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all,

I have 3 Arlo Q cameras connected to AC mains with stock USB power adaptor and stock USB cable.  I turned the front LED off and Night vision LEDs off on one of the camera.  In addition, motion detection zones has been set up for this camera.

I find myself having to re-enter all the settings and reprogram everything everytime the power is lost or when I power cycle the camera (unplug the SUB power adaptor for 1 - 2 min and plug it back in.  The camera connects to the WiFi network just fine which is a good thing.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Running the Q also, never had to reset anything on it after power outage, pulling plug to move ,etc.

Next time it goes out, try a RESET of the Q ( hold reset in for temn sec till the front led flashes )

You will have to re-sync this time but in future all your modes, settings should stay

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Running the Q also, never had to reset anything on it after power outage, pulling plug to move ,etc.

Next time it goes out, try a RESET of the Q ( hold reset in for temn sec till the front led flashes )

You will have to re-sync this time but in future all your modes, settings should stay

Morse is faster than texting!
EFTC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your help and advice.  I followed your instructions and it works.

TomMac wrote: