Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
K9TVR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can not figure out how to enable recording from my Arlo Q to the Arlo Pro base local storage. Where can I find a guide to help me?

Thank youi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

While all the cameras appear in the same app/ program , Only those actually sync'ed to the Pro base will have local USB record.

The Q cameras link into your home wifi system and not the base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You can't. The Q cameras are separate entities to anything else. Same with cameras connected to separate base stations.
K9TVR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the responce.

I am not sure I understand. The Arlo Q is connected to the same system as the rest of my cameras. All eight of my cameras are on one account. 7 of them are connected to the Base Station Pro and recording locally.. I see all 8 cameras on my account and all are recording to the cloud. Where is the seperation with the Q versus my other cameras?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

While all the cameras appear in the same app/ program , Only those actually sync'ed to the Pro base will have local USB record.

The Q cameras link into your home wifi system and not the base

Morse is faster than texting!
Dougcjohn
Guide
Guide
Since the Q is sharing the same app and cloud storage. When reviewing the cloud video and you select download. Does that store it on locally using the Base local storage? Does that work for both Arlo Pro & Q cameras? If not, were does the downloaded Video store on home network. I don't have Q cameras yet, only arlo pro (4) but was planning to add Q for the non-stop recording function. Can the non-stop Q recording be local on home network and not just could storage? Can it be local only for non-stop recordin
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dougcjohn,

CVR (non-stop recording function you mention) is only available on the cloud.

When you manually download a video clip from the library by pressing the download button, the video is downloaded from the cloud to the device you are using to view. No content is stored on the base station.

For more information on how local storage on the Arlo Pro base station works, see here: How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo Pro base station?

JamesC