Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kitlander
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I have many Arlo cameras and all are working fine, except for my Arlo Q, which is the only one not linked to a base station. The Q went offline sometime yesterday or the day before (11/30 or 12/01), which just happens to be when 2 factor security became mandatory. However, I enabled that months ago. 
The problem is that I can’t get to the property where the camera is located because of COVID, so can’t reset it. My router says it’s still connected and has uploaded/downloaded a small amount of data in the past 24 hours.

Has anyone else had problems with their Q’s which have required a restart/reset in the last couple of days?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved. Please contact the Support Team if you still experience this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Kitlanderhe'll

Can you try & perform a factory reset for this camera & on board it again. Please make sure to note any mode/rules for the re-install as they will be removed.

Kitlander
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hmmm, well no, as I said in my original post, I can’t get to the property! I’ll do a factory reset when I can. However, I was trying to find out whether anyone else had been having problems with their q, given that there was a recent firmware update. 

KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

I had the same problem with 1 of my 3 ArloQ and it had to be power cycled.

When I did it downloaded the old or new firmware to replace the bugged version and was up and running again. Like you, it looked from afar that it was doing something when I restarted if but it was locked.

Until you get to the camera it's dead.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved. Please contact the Support Team if you still experience this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech support