Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q not pairing to eero mesh network

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pagzzz
Tutor
Tutor

I had the Arlo Q (and my other Arlo products, including Pro2 basestation and light bridge) running on my previous wireless router, a TP-link 802.11n model. I installed a new eero mesh wifi network, and now I cannot get the Arlo Q to pair. All of my other Arlo products work fine, and I was able to connect them.

I have tried all of the suggested solutions, including rebooting the device, resetting it, and finally removing the device and trying to re-install again fresh. None have worked so far. I hear the chime to start the pairing process with the QR code, but after about 10 seconds where nothing happens, there is a bad sound from the Arlo Q, and the app says no Arlo devices found. I have definitely confirmed I am using the correct SSID and password.

Is there any special problem with using an Arlo Q on the eero mesh network? All other devices work fine. I have switched between IPv4 and IPv6 as well for compatibility checking, to no effect

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't think this has been thoroughly hashed out yet. The question I ask is whether the eero uses a single SSID for both WiFi bands and whether it works ok if you separate them, at least temporarily.

pagzzz
Tutor
Tutor

I have not had any more luck, and still waiting for a good solution. Meanwhile, the camera is out of action. Given it is only 1 year old, I am dissapointed, but I cannot return it to Best Buy anymore, and do not want to give up the eero mesh network.

Hoping someone has an answer

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I don't think this has been thoroughly hashed out yet. The question I ask is whether the eero uses a single SSID for both WiFi bands and whether it works ok if you separate them, at least temporarily.

Once again, no one has answered this question so we know if this is the issue.

Eisnikki
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @jguerdat  My Arlo baby does not work with the eero mesh network either.

pagzzz
Tutor
Tutor

I was finally able to get it to pair. 

I tried using the web-based method, using Chrome Desktop instead of Arlo App on my iOS, and it worked.