Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
jalberg
Aspirant
Aspirant

After working for a long time my camera went off-line and will not re-connect.  I tried re-setting it and even deleted it and tried to re-install it, no luck.  At powerup the amber light comes on but when I press the sync button the camera makes a clicking sound after about 30 seconds and then the amber light goes off and no other light comes on.  I tried contacting Arlo support but none of their on-line help or articles helped and I'm not able to speak to live support.

Any suggestions?  

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you holding the button or just briefly pressing it? Have you tried holding the reset button until the camera clicks and the LED flashes amber. Let it reboot and try again.

jalberg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your suggestion.  I held the reset button longer and was able to go through the process to add the device up to hearing the chime after showing the camera the QR code.  However, I get a message on my phone that says "No Arlo devices found" and the light on the camera goes from solid blue to blinking blue.  I've tried this several times with the same result.  Not sure if it's relevant but in between each attempt I have to hold the reset button down until the camera clicks and the light turns amber.

Any other suggestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This implies the camera is still active in your account. Verify that it doesn't show in Settings, My Devices. If it's there, remove it and try again.