Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q - motion dection clip and cvr timeline don't match

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
smithee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recevied a motoin clip that lists 7:02 and has car pull into the driveway.  When I go to my CVR timeline for that same time period that event does not happen. (Watched CVR from 6:55 to :05)  Is there something I'm missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

smithee,

If you see a similar occurrence, I would recommend contacting the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Where are the green bars above the CVR timeline? That should clue you in although the time should be the same. Are you sure that you haven't switched AM and PM or a different day?
smithee
Aspirant
Aspirant

The green bars are there, but the event doesn't seem to be.  AM and date match.  Clip says 7:02AM, but event never happens in timeline for same day at around that time.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

smithee,

Do you have more than one event like this? Try testing by triggering motion on your camera and see if the recording in the library matches the CVR time.

JamesC

smithee
Aspirant
Aspirant

So far that is the only clip that I can't find at all.  Most alerts I can find in the CVR feed a minute or two before the time stated in the alert.  So I'm guessing that the alert time that is listed is actually when it hits the server, not when the motion was detected by the camera.  (At least in my limited experience so far.)  Maybe on this occasion the lag time was longer.  But without fast forward capability I'm loath to sit through an unknown amount of CVR footage to figure it out.  (Fortunately the incident captured was't anything bad, just following up on the discrepancy since I noticed it.)  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

smithee,

If you see a similar occurrence, I would recommend contacting the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC