Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q mic connection failed

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Jim5
Follower
Follower

I am having a lot of connection failed with the Arlo Q built in mic.  It is so hard to communicate back and forth.  Sometime I can't hear the response on my phone and sometime the person on the other end can only hear part of my sentence.  I know it can't be the internet connection, because all my device is receiving good to strong wifi.  It can't be the internet speed, because I have a dual band router.  My upload speed is around 10 mbps and my download is around 30 mbps.  The camera is working great, but it is not worth the retail price I paid for.  Does anyone have this issue with the Arlo Q mic?  Any suggestion or a fix on the mic connection? 

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What device are you using? OS ?

If PC is available try it there to confirm all is working.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jim5,

A firmware update recently came out for the Arlo Q that improved the audio level when using the Push to Talk (PTT) feature. You can check your firmware version by logging in to your Arlo account > navigate to Settings > My Devices > Select your Arlo Q > Scroll down to firmware.

Take a look at the release notes for more information: Release Notes - Arlo Q FW VMC3040-1.7.2_5092 - 24th March 2016

JamesC

Rjtardif
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same issues on Android tablet running 4.4 and Android phone running 6.0.  Arlo Q has latest firmware.

My symptoms are similar.  Can get one mic transmission but generally cannot hear response because mic fails at that time.  If I close mic, speaker comes back on.  Never loses video.  Blue light on camera has no change.  Then have to activate mic again and it fails again after one transmission.

One of main reasons I went with this camera was for audio features and free cloud storage.  No other smart home integration is a big concern but have ADT cameras and other smart home hubs for most needs.  If audio is unreliable, I will return for another wife camera that does.

Rjtardif
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also noticed that there is no audio if mic is on.  Have to close mic to hear responses.  If I do that, then mic connection does not fail.  Between this awkward usage and 3-4 second delays, not sure this is handy feature.  I also have video stream set to 780p.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a factory reset.

dtaing
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did update all new firmwere 1.7.4, but still having issue. Any ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try a reset?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dtaing,

Were you able to try a reset as suggested above? Are you still experiencing this issue?

JamesC