Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q keeps recording a clicking sound

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DogLover65
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Q keeps recording a clicking sound, but there is no audible sound.  This happens sporadically, 24/7.  Sometimes every 10-15 minutes, some times an hour or more apart.  I've had the camera in the same location for over a year; same router, same internet provider, etc.  Sometimes, several times a day, the LED flashes, I think purple, but it's hard to tell; sometimes it looks red.  I've done a wi-fi speed test on my ipad right in front of the camera and get 72/6, so there's no way it's out of range of router.  I've tried power cycling the camera; no change.  I think the camera itself is making the noise and the microphone on the camera amplifies it in the recording.  I attached one video where you can hear a 'clunk' about 5-10 seconds in.  I can only attach one video, but there's another sound, too, more of a 'click'.  It is really annoying to have 50 clips a day of a click, plus I'm concerned the camera is malfunctioning, and I don't want it to start a fire.  Please help!

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Purple flashing on the Q ( IIRC ) is showing you are at or near max range....

the only thing I can think of is to temp move the Q and see if the issues still occur at the new location

The Q does run warm to touch but should not be hot.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------