Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q invite says no arlo products associated

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
mikeva
Follower
Follower

My wife set up an Arlo Q using her email/account and sent me an invite to my email.

I followed the link from my PC and logged on using my account.  I assume I already created an account when I set up my wifi router previously.
When I logon, I am told: "We have detected a NETGEAR account, but it has no Arlo products associated with it." my two choices are to "Set up an Arlo System" or "Cancel".

Nowhere do I see an option to accept her invite and use the camera that she has already set up.

How can I accept her invite and see the camera she has already setup?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mikeva,

When using the Grant Access feature the primary account (your wife's account) shares to another user (you). To accept the invite, a new account must be created to view the shared cameras or after clicking on the invitation link you must sign in to an existing Arlo account.

For more information on this process, see here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

lzhuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have the same issue.. none of the invites work. i keep getting message:

"NETGEAR Account Detected

We have detected a NETGEAR account, but it has no Arlo products associated with it."
stroutman81
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same issue. My grandmother recently had a stroke. We set a camera up in her place to keep an eye on her. We sent an invitation to my email address. When clicking on the link in the invite email, it asked me to setup a new Arlo account, which I did. But I'm getting the exact same issues as mentioned above. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support.

Codorizzi
Initiate
Initiate
Had the same problem and support was useless! Here's the solution. EVEN THOUGH you may have already created an account, you must click on create account. Enter your same email address and password that you setup previously. After clicking on continue, you should get a terms and condition screen. Accept these. Once accepted, you'll have camera access.