Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Arlo Q iOS previews

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
martin9911
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!
Before (maybe the old app?) the preview still image of my detected recordings in the app showed approximately 6 seconds in to the video. The good thing with that was that it actually showed what triggered the camera.
Say that a person walks into my back yard from left to right. When the person is in the camera picture the camera triggers the recording and saves approximately 6 seconds of video before the triggering event. Before the still preview showed what triggered the camera, in this case a person.
Nowadays the still preview shows 6 seconds before the triggering, which means that in most cases the picture will NOT have the person in it, and show a empty back yard.
I often get false recordings due to shadows from trees moving in the wind.
When I scroll through 15-30 previews per day I used to quickly see which recordings were false and which had a person in it, but not now.
Why change a superb feature?
I use only Arlo Q cameras.

Model: VMC3040S | Arlo Q Plus Security Camera with Audio | Ethernet | PoE
martin9911
Aspirant
Aspirant
No one else experience the same problem, maybe with other cameras?
martin9911
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there a way to contact support about this?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You may contact customer support here. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support