Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Toeo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo Q and one Arlo Pro camera. Only one camera (Arlo Q) will do a live view but all three will record motion/sound trigger events during the same time period that live view is unavailable.

When using the app or website to live view the camera, the error message on the Arlo Q reads:
"Your device is not connected. Makre suire it is connected to you reouter and has a working internet connection."

The error message on the Arlo Pro reads:
"Your device appears offline. Please make sure it is powered and connected to the internet.

The error message on the Arlo Pro base station reads:
"Base station offline".

These messages seem to contradict the fact that I am getting recorded motion or audio triggered events. How can I get these recordings if the device is not connected or powered on. How can the Arlo Pro camera send notifictations of recorded activity but not have a connection to the base station?

11 REPLIES 11
Toeo
Aspirant
Aspirant
By the way I unplugged the camera and plugged it back and now it’s working normally but this problem is happening every morning since yesterday. What about when I’m not able to unplugged the camera? Another thing is I can see the timeline but it’s not sending me notifications for motion or audio.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to do a removal, then factory reset and then add back to system

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Wendytill
Aspirant
Aspirant

@TomMac Tried that now none of my cameras will work 😖

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wendytill wrote:

@TomMac Tried that now none of my cameras will work 😖

were you having the same issue ??  My info was for the OP

Toeo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you guys find a solution.? My camera is doing it again 😢
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems odd the the camera is recording but states offline and no live view...

By any chance have you checked the Flash on browser?  Seperate issue from the offline, but usu if Live view doesn't work, that is the issue

Toeo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried everything and it’s still doing the same thing. I have to unplugged it and plug it every morning in order to have it sending notifications. I called costumer service en they had me one 1 hour waiting with no answers. This is just garbage
Toeo
Aspirant
Aspirant
this camera is a joke. I need to leave town for the holiday and now I won’t get any notifications because nobody is going to be in the house to unplug the camera to make it work. Somebody else has good news ?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it's a workaround, a WiFi switch such as a WeMo can be used to either manually turn a camera off and on remotely or be scheduled to do it automatically.

Assuming it's a hardware problem, you HAVE to work with support to get an RMA.

Wendytill
Aspirant
Aspirant
Finally got it all straightened out thanks
Wendytill
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks finally got it straightened out password issue on my part