Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q connection issues where camera shows solid blue light but not registering my account

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
Mdd242
Initiate
Initiate

I currently have a 2 camera set up all working ok in the UK.  My cousin in Germany gave me a new Arlo Q camera she didn't need but I have been unable to add it to my account. I follow the set instructions to add new camera but it just hangs after trying to sync with the QR code. Oddly the camera has a solid blue light but its not registering with my account. I have tried connecting it via the APP and also online. I tried the reset button on the side of the camera but that doesn't appear to do anything.  I also tried live chat but couldn't connect with anyone to help. So does anyone one in the community have any ideas?

Just one thought, if my cousin has linked the camera to her Arlo account already in Germany, must she remove it first before it can be used on my account in the UK? We are in different countries and different networks so perhaps that is a red herring.

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mdd242
Initiate
Initiate

Just a follow up regarding the Arlo Q connection issues. I found I wasn't completing  the factory reset properly so I had another go. This time the reset made all the diiference and I was able to complete the set up of the new camera. 

Job done!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mdd242
Initiate
Initiate

Just a follow up regarding the Arlo Q connection issues. I found I wasn't completing  the factory reset properly so I had another go. This time the reset made all the diiference and I was able to complete the set up of the new camera. 

Job done!