Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q clips don't start recording until 6-7 seconds aftrer motion is detected

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
1lostjedi
Follower
Follower

after the last software upgrade for iOS, the clips don't start recording until 6-7 seconds aftrer motion is detected.  Now I see someone's back when they are walking away instead of seeing them when they first walk up.  I have rebooted the camera several times and double checked all of the settings.  What do I need to do.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app would have nothing to do with this since it doesn't trigger the recording.

The usual issues around delayed recording are 1) positioning (have you changed batteries lately so the camera(s) have been repositioned a bit?) and 2) the WiFi connection between the base and cameras.  What may have changed recently, including new or moved wireless devices (doesn't have to be WiFi, just 2.4GHz), base repositioning, something being moved into the path between base and cameras? If you have multiple cameras, swap them to see if the issue goes with the camera or stays with the position.

Edit: just reread and see this is for Q cameras so a base isn't the issue.  Change references from base to router and forget about batteries.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1lostjedi wrote:

after the last software upgrade for iOS, the clips don't start recording until 6-7 seconds aftrer motion is detected.  Now I see someone's back when they are walking away instead of seeing them when they first walk up.  I have rebooted the camera several times and double checked all of the settings.  What do I need to do.

Do a reset of the Q camera... resync to your wifi

Test the response on a PC at https://arlo.netgear.com/ and re-check the recording to eliminate the possible IOS issue.

If still not recording properly, put in a trouble ticket to Netgear... It sounds like the pre-buffer on the camera isn't working.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------