Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Searchboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not able to hear talk going on in the room with Arlo Q.  I can talk to the person in the room by pushing and holding the microphone button but cannot hear replies.  This is on an iPad and the volume is turned all the way up.  I also cannot hear a noise when motion is detected (a text noise)

10 REPLIES 10
Arlo123
Tutor
Tutor

• What is you Arlo App version and the ios version of your iPad?

• Have you tried using other device to isolate the problem?

Because I think currently arlo si having problem with the 2 way audio on ios devices that has ios version 11.3 and their engineers are still working on it. Try to use another device to isolate the problem.

Searchboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.

The iPad iOS is 10.3.3.  I did a "check for software updates" and it said my iPad iOS was up to date.

The Arlo Q version is 2.4.9

Searchboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, my wife has Arlo on her iPhone X.  The iPhone X iOS is 11.2.6 (it is trying to get me to update to 11.3 but I did not).

On her phone, the Arlo Q app is also 2.4.9

Searchboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

When Arlo Q sends a message to the iPhone or the iPad, is it sending a text, a notification, an alert?

When I choose a sound for my iPad's texts, I can choose either an "alert tone" or a "ringtone" but not both.  when I get a message from ArloQ saying "a motion was detected" or "a sound was detected", it makes a different noise from the text alert tone or ringtone I've chosen.  This leads me to believe that it is either choosing its own alert tone or ringtone, or it is NOT SENDING A TEXT.  Maybe it is sending something else?

Please help!

Arlo123
Tutor
Tutor

Try to check the notification on your phone for this app, maybe it was set to a different tone. Maybe it used the default notification sound on your phone.

Go to: Settings > Notification > Arlo app

You can change their the notification tone for your app.

🙂

bbybee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there a fix on the microphone when using an I phone. I can hear from the camera but unable to hear when speaking into the microphone from my I phone. I just bought this and disappointed.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If your on iOS 11x, Netgear is working on a fix

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
bbybee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks but that seems to be the same response on the issue for a while now
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update for the Arlo iOS mobile app has been released that addresses the issue with the push to talk feature. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app downloaded and installed from the iOS app store.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.0 - 13th May 2018

If you continue to experience this issue. Please let us know.

JamesC

bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

The Arlo app update referenced by James, 2.5.0, released yesterday does fix the push to talk issue.