Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
balbs
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I have 4 Arlo Q cameras in my account and devices list. One of them disappeared for some reason. I reset the camera and then added it again. It came back. However, its gone from my list again. This is both on iOS app and the website. This happened before but then the camera came back. Can somebody please help me?

Additional note. I'm on the free plan.

Thanks in advance!

35 REPLIES 35
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Jarem
Tutor
Tutor

I just noticed on the Arlo System Status page the Dev team was looking into a missing devices issue on Dec 17, 2022, but it’s  marked as “resolved.” Hopefully the issue or a  different one is still open and being investigated.  Thanks!

https://status.arlo.com/incidents/126#update-59

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jarem wrote:

@jguerdat wrote

Clear browser cookies and try again. A fix was pushed.

@jguerdat Thanks for the suggestion but no luck trying to regain access to my old account @Smxcan . Where did you hear that a fix was pushed for this new account issue? Even when I log in to this community using private/incognito browsers on my phone or computer, it only logs me in as my new user name @Jarem with no history from my old  account (still linked to the same email address) .

@JamesC posted earlier in another thread about this (not the clearing of the cookies, though - that was me). I had the same issue all weekend. Yesterday afternoon it was working again with me doing nothing. I did clear the cookies to try to ensure I got only the pages I was expecting but no real idea if that was necessary.

I wonder if your issue has to do with the second account but the same email address. You may need to contact support for help but let's tag the mods, too. @JamesC , @ShayneS 

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

Have you tried unplugging the cameras and then replugging them to see if they reappear in your devices? Mine continue to disappear as soon as power is interrupted...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There was an update to help resolve this issue, can you continue to monitor and let me know if you still experience this issue. 

Thank you 

orenre
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is a joke!

This issue is still ongoing for several months now (in my case) - the device does not appear in the app or web interface, I'm not getting any alerts and overall I can't use my camera. I'm moving to your competition and already ordered a new camera from them. Such a disappointment.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

There is a firmware update released "1.12.1.2_82_86b3a68_1e75faa" for the Arlo Q/Q+ camera. Can you verify with the latest version and let me know.

Thank you 

orenre
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes that's the version I have. 

When I reset the device and add it again, it appears on the dashboard. When I take out the power and connect it again, the device disappears. 

I used this camera for around 5 years like that (connecting when needed) and this issue started happening several months ago. 

Smxcan
Apprentice
Apprentice

The issue seems to be resolved after installing the latest firmware 1.12.1.2_82_86b3a68_1e75faa on Feb 2, 2023.   Thanks so much Jeffrey and the Arlo team that helped fix this issue.

I’m assuming it’s fixed for everyone and not just me, so others reading this, feel free to chime in if it’s fixed or is still happening after the update.

The last time my Arlo Q camera disappeared from the app was on Jan 29 @ 1:57 PM ET, and I reset it on Jan 30 at 7:35 PM ET. 

On average, the issue occurred every 4 days. However, after the firmware update was installed, as of today, 22 days later, it hasn’t disappeared again, which makes it the longest streak without encountering the problem.  

For reference, here’s a log of all the instances it went missing, and the fixes attempted:

Missing: Dec 13  ??

Reset: Dec 14  4:20 PM ET (device list reordered)

Missing: Dec 18  11:40 AM ET

Reset: Dec 19  6:28 PM ET (device list reordered & password reset)

Missing: Dec 23 9:55 AM EST

Reset: Dec 23 5:36 PM EST (device list reordered)

Missing: Dec 26 12:00 AM EST

Reset: Dec 26 1:30 PM EST (list not reordered)

Missing: Dec 30 1:56 PM EST 

Reset: Dec 30 10:15 PM EST (list not reordered & set flicker adjustment to 50 Hz)

Missing: Jan 13 4:38 AM EST 

Reset: Jan 13  6:30 PM EST (password reset)

Missing: Jan 16 4:00 PM EST 

Reset: Jan 16  7:30 PM EST

Missing: Jan 26 8:40 AM EST 

Reset: Jan 27 9:00 PM EST

Missing: Jan 27 11:21 PM EST 

Reset: Jan 28 11:00 AM EST

Missing: Jan 29 1:57 PM EST 

Reset: Jan 30, 7:35 PM EST (new AC adapter)

Firmware update on Feb 2 from: 1.12.1.1_59_a69a8ff_b3d4763

To: 1.12.1.2_82_86b3a68_1e75faa

No issues as of Feb 21, 4 PM ET, 2023!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Smxcan

Thanks for the update

orenre
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: The camera re-appeared in the app in the last few days. it looks like it's working again. How can I be sure that it won't happen again though?