Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
balbs
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I have 4 Arlo Q cameras in my account and devices list. One of them disappeared for some reason. I reset the camera and then added it again. It came back. However, its gone from my list again. This is both on iOS app and the website. This happened before but then the camera came back. Can somebody please help me?

Additional note. I'm on the free plan.

Thanks in advance!

35 REPLIES 35
balbs
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I have the free subscription. I have 4 arlo q's in my devices list. Now I am only showing 2. I reset one of my cameras and re-added it. It showed up for a bit but now it's gone again. This is on both the app and the website. Please help.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue?

stacim
Aspirant
Aspirant

I opened up the app and my ArloQ is missing from my account. When I click on “support” it says that no devices are associated with this account. 

I just used the camera 5 days ago, and it has been on my account for yearrrrrrs. I was not the one to remove it. 

I use a password that isn’t associated with any other accounts, so unless there was a recent leak or something, I don’t think anyone else could have logged into my account?

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Bigtrev
Tutor
Tutor

Yes sir. Still after doing those steps the issue still remains. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app as well as tried the web client (my.arlo.com)? Have you power cycled the Q?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for letting me know, I'm investigating this. I'll update the thread as soon as I have more info to share.

sonic1983
Aspirant
Aspirant

If anyone experience this issue, only very recetly.
I suspect something to do with the Arlo App update or camera firmware update (less likely).
When I power OFF the Arlo Q plus camera, it disappears from the Arlo app.
The camera does not show up when it is powered back ON again. 
I need to reset the camera to factory default and add it back to the device list.

Set up: I have 2 Arlo Ultra2 cameras paired with a base station, and a Arlo Q+. On the devce list it shows 3 cameras and a base station.

Smxcan
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same issue. 
It started happening on Dec 13 when one of my 4 Arlo Q cameras disappeared from my account (both the app and the web).
I rested it on Dec 14.

It worked until Dec 18, when it disappeared again. 

I reset it again on Dec 19, and it worked until Dec 23, when it disappeared again!
I haven't reset it today, but I'm guessing it'll disappear again after four days. 
Is anyone else having this issue, or found a permanent fix?

Smxcan
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same issue. 
It started happening on Dec 13 when one of my 4 Arlo Q cameras disappeared from my account (both the app and the web).
I rested it on Dec 14.

It worked until Dec 18, when it disappeared again. 

I reset it again on Dec 19, and it worked until Dec 23, when it disappeared again!
I haven't reset it today, but I'm guessing it'll disappear again after four days. 

I’ve also tried resetting my password, turned the power to camera off and on, factory reset it multiple times.  Same issue with only the one camera.  The other 3 Arlo Qs are working fine.

Is anyone else having this issue, or found a permanent fix?

Almost though it was a hardware issue, but since several people started reporting the same issue starting at the same time (mid Dec) it's probably a software or server issue at Arlo. 

DebCollins
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Q disappeared from my devices.  I've tried reconnecting but it will not find the device now.

HELP!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you delete the camera from your account before trying to add it back?

JoelMcGuire
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Q is missing from my cameras, and I cannot add it back to the system following the directions.

chiuhui10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update about this issue?

I also faced same issue.

When I add back the Arlo Q, the time is not correct even the time zone is right.

orenre
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

During the last month I noticed that my Arlo Q Plus just disappeared from the app. Reseting and adding it back does work, but after a power cycle of the camera - it disappears again. Please assist. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@chiuhui10

These reports are currently being investigated. I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

What version of the app are you using?

orenre
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using the iOS app version 4.0.3 (the latest that the app store shows). But in any case I can't see it in the web UI too. This is a new behavior, I have this camera for a couple of years now and this never happened.

Carlos55
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am recently having the same issue. I am not sure if there is an issue with the cameras or the cloud, but  it is happening very often

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @chiuhui10

Would it be possible to provide a screenshot of the missing device and a serial number of the device that is missing?

You can send me a PM with the info.

Thank you!

Smxcan
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’m no longer having this issue. Anyone else?

It seems to be fixed since it hasn’t been missing for the past 12 days. Not sure if it was fixed on the server side or one of the settings I changed (noted below).  

• Firmware: 1.12.1.1_59 _ a69a8ff_b3d4763
  • Hardware: VMC3040г6

Here’s a log of when my camera went missing from my account (based on the last clip saved in the library in a high traffic area), and when I factory reset the camera:

1. Missing: Dec 13  ??
    Reset: Dec 14  4:20 PM ET (device list reordered)

2. Missing: Dec 18  11:40 AM ET
    Reset: Dec 19  6:28 PM ET (device list reordered & password reset)

3. Missing: Dec 23 9:55 AM EST
    Reset: Dec 23 5:36 PM EST (device list reordered)

4. Missing: Dec 26 12:00 AM EST
    Reset: Dec 26 1:30 PM EST (list not reordered)

5. Missing: Dec 30 1:56 PM EST
    Reset: Dec 30 10:15 PM EST (list not reordered & set flicker adjustment to 60 Hz)

Hasn’t been missing since the last reset (12 days).  

Jarem
Tutor
Tutor

This is @Smxcan  (from the post above). In my last log in to this community, Arlo forced me to create a new username, @Jarem now linked to the same email account of my old username, @Smxcan which I can no longer access.

I’ve lost all my previous community history.  Really annoying! Hope there’s a way to get my access back. 

@ShayneS you sent me a PM to my old account @Smxcan on 2023-01-13 02:28 PM, which I can no longer see and I can’t PM you directly because I have this new account. Please PM me @Jarem instead.  Anyways, this is an issue for another thread.  

Regarding this missing camera issue, I spoke too soon

above.  It’s not fixed.  It went missing again yesterday. It worked for 14 days this time (since the last reset on Dec 30). Had to go through the whole factory reset process again to bring it back. 

6. Missing: Jan 13 4:38 AM EST

Reset: Jan 13  6:30 PM EST (password reset)

stacim
Aspirant
Aspirant

First off- thanks for all the replies, and nice to see I’m not the only one! 

I also noticed that my camera was being removed after powering off/on. 

For me, I first noticed the issue in early Dec (can’t remember exact date). I re-added the camera, used it for a couple days, then powered off the camera, then on Dec 20 it was gone again. I was unable to re-add it again so got fed up and gave up, then finally got it re-added to my account again today (factory reset + 2.4ghz wifi….). I guess we’ll see how it goes….🤞🤞🤞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jarem wrote:

This is @Smxcan  (from the post above). In my last log in to this community, Arlo forced me to create a new username, @Jarem now linked to the same email account of my old username, @Smxcan which I can no longer access.

I’ve lost all my previous community history.  Really annoying! Hope there’s a way to get my access back. 

Clear browser cookies and try again. A fix was pushed.

Jarem
Tutor
Tutor

@jguerdat wrote

Clear browser cookies and try again. A fix was pushed.

@jguerdat Thanks for the suggestion but no luck trying to regain access to my old account @Smxcan . Where did you hear that a fix was pushed for this new account issue? Even when I log in to this community using private/incognito browsers on my phone or computer, it only logs me in as my new user name @Jarem with no history from my old  account (still linked to the same email address) .  

Also, regarding the missing camera issue, it disappeared again a few hours ago. This time it lasted only 3 days before needing a reset. 

7.  Missing: Jan 16 4:00 PM EST 
     Reset: Jan 16  7:30 PM EST