Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q cameras going off line, while others (Arlo Pro 2, etc.) remain on line

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
martincc
Luminary
Luminary

I operate two Arlo Q cameras at a remote location, These have generally been among the more reliable Arlo cameras in my experience - though both were initially 'buggy' and were replaced when Arlo was directly under Netgear.

This morning I find both Arlo Q cameras are off line, showing error message on devices window "Your device is not connected". I am confident this is a problem at Arlo and not due to my local hardware or configuration. I also note several other Arlo cameras (Arlo Pro 2, etc.) at the site do remain on line, and operating my via iPhone app.

Why am I posting instead of calling Arlo Customer Support? Because 1. THEY ARE NEARLY USELESS at helping anyone with more than a rudimentary knowledge of this technology, and 2. because they WASTE CUSTOMER TIME, waiting for a human being and then when they do answer they will never consider the origin of the problem could be anywhere other than on the users end.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
martincc
Luminary
Luminary

A followup to my post above. As mysteriously as the two Arlo Q cameras dropped off-line, leading me to post the above, later yesterday I noticed they were back up and running correctly.

Arlo Q's do not depend on the Arlo Base Station (unlike my other cameras, a mix of Arlo Pro and Pro 2), and as the other cameras were functioning normally I suspect something at Arlo either remedied itself or was remedied by their engineering. Either way, thanks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
martincc
Luminary
Luminary

A followup to my post above. As mysteriously as the two Arlo Q cameras dropped off-line, leading me to post the above, later yesterday I noticed they were back up and running correctly.

Arlo Q's do not depend on the Arlo Base Station (unlike my other cameras, a mix of Arlo Pro and Pro 2), and as the other cameras were functioning normally I suspect something at Arlo either remedied itself or was remedied by their engineering. Either way, thanks.