Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q and Q Plus - email notification no longer work

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ChuckieCheese
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have both an Arlo Q and Arlo Q Plus. I originally set the alert to be send via push notification to the iOS apps. This works well.

I recently changed this to allow ONLY email notification and NOT push notification as follow (for each camera):

1). Open Arlo app

2). Login

3). Click on Mode

4). Click on Armed pencil icon

5). Under Alert:

- UNCHECK Push Notification

- CHECK Email Alerts (under the Pencil icon, it show my email address)

6). Click Done

However, when the camera is in Armed mode, I still receive push notification but no email notification. I already rebooted both camera.

Is the email notification no longer a feature?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've set mine to try to replicate but may take some time to try both settings. Have you tried logging out and back in to try to force the recognition of the change?  If you use a computer browser, does it show the change?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I set mine to have push notifications which worked fine. I then turned off pushes and turned on email which also worked fine. Either way I only got the notification I specified. No idea why yours is weird. If logging off and back on doesn't help, the only thing I can think of is to remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync which will rebuild the Armed mode from scratch. You could also try a custom mode to see what happens.