Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q & Q + does it work with Smrtthings??

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
webman69
Follower
Follower

Hello, I am going to be buying a few ARLO Q & + and wanted to know if they work with SmartThings I now the wireless Battery ones work with it Also I will be loooing at the new Pro and was wondering if they work also??

Thanks

Webman69

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

webman69,

Currently SmartThings integration is only available to Arlo Wire-Free cameras. I do not have any information on when/if it will become available to Arlo Q/Q Plus at this time.

For more information on SmartThings, take a look here: What is Samsung SmartThings, and how do I use it with my Arlo cameras?

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

webman69,

Currently SmartThings integration is only available to Arlo Wire-Free cameras. I do not have any information on when/if it will become available to Arlo Q/Q Plus at this time.

For more information on SmartThings, take a look here: What is Samsung SmartThings, and how do I use it with my Arlo cameras?

JamesC

steveski07
Tutor
Tutor

It doesn't integrate natively into SmartThings, but SmartThings and Arlo are both IFTTT compatible so you can still have your SmartThings devices trigger your Arlo cameras and vice versa.  I have mine set up so that when SmartThings detects that I'm home it turns on some lights and also disarms my Arlo cameras.  

But no, you can't go into SmartThings to view your cameras.  For me, it integrates into SmartThings as much as I need it to.  I don't care if I view my cameras in the SmartThings app or the Arlo app.

Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Both the Arlo Q and Q Plus integrate with SmartThings, they just announced it a few weeks ago.