Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Will Not Sync after removing and resetting (used to work fine)

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Ghost78
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have two Arlo Q cameras.  We only use them when both of us are gone, which is honestly very rare.  At least one of us is home 99% of the time.  Anyway, as I went to leave today, I plugged them both in - one worked fine, the other did not.  Had a continually flashing amber light.  Thought it might be doing a firmware update, but nothing ever changed.  Okay, maybe it needs to be re-synced.  Went through the process of syncing, and it gets to the point of the smartcode, put the smartcode up to camera, makes chime like it's successful, but then immediately makes a failure sound chime and goes back to flashing amber.  Okay, maybe needs reset.  Do reset process (with paper clip), then do whole sync process again with the same results... success chime, then failure chime, and back to flashing amber.  Read some through the community forums that suggest the camera may need removed from the account, then reinstall/sync as if new.  Okay, did that.  Removed camera, even reset it again, did whole sync process again with exactly the same results.  Lovely success chime, then immediate failure chime, then back to blinking amber.  Any other ideas?  Again, our other Arlo Q is working fine.  And no, our WiFi password hasn't changed, and no, it doesn't have any special characters in it (this was mentioned in another thread). 

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Ghost78,

Make sure your phone device is connected to the same WiFi network as your Arlo Q camera when setting up. Also, type your WiFi network name and password correctly as they are both case-sensitive. 

You can also try moving your Arlo Q camera closer to the router when setting up. You can always place your camera to a different location after you finish the setup.

Ghost78
Aspirant
Aspirant

To the first point, yes, it is the same WiFi network for both.  I don't even get the option to choose the network when trying to re-sync the camera, as the SSID is already auto-populated (same SSID that it used to connect to just fine, prior to this event).  And I am definitely typing the password correctly.  
To the second point, yes, that was one of the first things I tried, as I had seen it in another thread - I did move the camera into the same room with the router, no change in results. 
I have tried everything dozens of times as this point with no success.  
I wish I had the option to test it with another WiFi network at the moment, just to see if it would work. 

Golfpunk45
Initiate
Initiate
I'm having the exact same issue with one of my Q cameras.....it appears to have just started within the last few weeks.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Ghost78 and golfpunk45,

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.