Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Videos In Library won't load for viewing in Internet 11, Windows 10

Fotog
Star
Star

Just recently the saved videos will not play.  When clicking on one the screen goes dark and says "Loading" but nothing further happens.

This happens in Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge on a windows 10 machine, but works fine if I use Chrome.

I have gone through all the fixes (I think) such as managing add-ons to make sure Flash is turned on, etc.

Any suggestion for further troubleshooting?

P.S. - Saved videos also play fine on iPhoneX and LG Tablet

160 REPLIES 160
bg
Aspirant
Aspirant

"The engineering team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information".  That was a post from the Arlo Community Manager on 08/10/2018.  Not a word since.  This is pathetic and the main reason why their stock price tanked immediately.  There is simply zero customer support.

Quote---
@JamesC wrote:

The engineering team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

starfall
Guide
Guide

Good to know that I am not the only one having this same issue.

I have two orginal Arlo cams and both of them are having the issue. I am using the Arlo iOs app. The recording shows up in the library with the correct recording length. When I try to play the video, nothing happens. After I downloaded the video and played it on the phone, I could see the video is recording of white screen. No actual content.

However, I can play the recording without any problem on desktop browser. It could be the iOS Arlo app problem.

ldc_sac
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue — videos show in library on iOS app but do not play. If I try to share them and view on the web the video just shows up white (same if I download to my camera roll).
emmerson
Aspirant
Aspirant

trying to view videos screen goes black and says looding

SJohannsen
Apprentice
Apprentice
Kinda what this thread is about. Options are grab the share URL and paste it into the address bar, or install a different browser. (Or use iOS or Android, i.e. a phone) Pointing it out or complaining hasn't seemed to help. Neargear/Arlo is aware of the issue.
LeoFender
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having issues specifically playing back library content via the iOS app. Same behavior as described in this thread, however, its specific to the iOS app. I have no issues playing back from my library via the web interface. Has the company taken any steps to resolve this? Any recommended troubleshooting? Any suggestions or assistance available? The issues we've all been experiencing have been ongoing for months now. Im sure some of these folks are paying for service and it doesn't reflect well that the community can't get answers to what should be a small incident to address. In many cases, folks use these cameras as a security measure and having to worry about the continuity of the service is the last thing that we should have to worry about. Please respond

Arloask
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo owner for few years, 1080 and 720 with mild irritations at times. Mid-August signed up for Arlo 30-day service and began having sporadic recording issues on all cameras. Clip shows thumbnail of motion but recording does not capture same image... or 10 second video is in library but recording fails to play... Or image captured of motion but no recording in library.
Android Galaxy 8 and Chrome browser- same issues.
Arlo response was to power down all cameras and see what happens. Anyone else have suggestions?
After three years, the issues are becoming a little much and losing confidence in cameras. Thinking CCTV options- suggestions?
TIA
MidnightRider
Guide
Guide

I have base station VMB3010r2, (2) Arlo cameras VMC3030 and (2) Arlo cameras H11.

Mozilla Firefox browser on a PC works for playing videos from the library.

PeaSoup
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm sure it works on Firefox. I also installed Chrome on my laptop (thanks to a recommendation on this thread) and that works for me. But I like to watch my house when I am away. My workplace computer has Windows browser only and I cannot download another browser there due to security restrictions. Now, the phone app is working for me right now, but it has also failed the past. Not addressing this issue creates a huge fragility in the system.
trebor711
Luminary
Luminary

So I am also using MSIE 11 and haven't been able to use it to look at video for over two month.  Are you freaking kidding me that it has taken this long for NetGear to find a solution and get it out to the public??  WTF!!!

Badgeman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Netgear should talk with Apple. I have no problem viewing video on my IPAD. However, my PC is a different different story. In the digital world, 2 months is a lifetime. Netgear needs better customer service, or better IT engineers to isolate the issue and fix it. I like my ARLO 2 cameras. It has already paid for itself, as I've already caught two people stealing my neighbors mail. Police are actively involved, along with the Postal Inspector. I can also view ARLO video on my Android phone. What do they know that Netgear doesn't.
Bradgt82
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Pro 2 Arlo cameras and I can't play library videos on MS Edge.  This is just ridiculous.  I have been researching for days now.  Is there no fix to this yet?  What is going on here?

MooseHunter
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry DawnM but you do not have an Engeneering Team because if you had one this problem would have been fixed in 24 hours or less.  Everyone cancel all accounts that require extra money to ARLO immediately, contact Costco/Best Buy and tell them of these known issues and leave a review on their order site.  Let the world know that ARLO does not care about their current or future customers.  The proof is staring you in the face DawnM.

Arlo-S__ks
Tutor
Tutor

When do you plan on letting us (your customers you know the people that provide your pay check) know what is going on? I don't feel that a update once a week is that much to ask.

If it's not to much trouble could you let us know when you plan on releasing that update that you have been testing for the past month? I would think by now you would know if it's going to work or not.

Just let us know what is happening unless your just trying to piss off your customers.

SJohannsen
Apprentice
Apprentice

The sad part is that this is not an update to an app that needs to be developed, tested, packaged and distributed to assorted app stores. This is a change to a web site. That's all backend and in-house. I'm not a web developer, but do dabble in code. It cannot be that hard to re-implement a function that used to work fine, and still does under numerous other browsers. You are launching a video from a thumbnail. This is not unique, nor should it be rocket science. Spawn a new tab if you have to, with the share link (which works), but give me back the ability to play videos out of my library without inconvenient workarounds, or installing new browsers.

trebor711
Luminary
Luminary
WTF!! I just downloaded the latest update thinking it would resolve some kmown issues and instead they changed things to make navigating much harder! Why would you take away the record button and the Library button away from the main screen. Now you have to go into the play mode in order to get to those buttons. Really Netgear?
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I have not updated the android app yet because I hear it's a disater, but I did log into the website with Edge today and it appears Arlo has updated the website as well. And now you cannot edit a mode when using Edge. The arrow that you used to click is missing and clicking in that area only chnages the mode, it does not edit it.

Trying the same thing in chrome, the arrows are missing as well, but guessing where the arrow should be and clicking in that area does allow you to actually edit the mode.

Sigh......... another update, more new problems, and NONE of the current issues fixed. I'd hate to switch to another system because Arlo has the best smartthings integration, but I might have to start thinking about trading some functionality for a working system.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yup I just posted the same thing before reading your post as I have the same problem.

As for the Android app I dont think its all that bad just have to get use to it, I put the new app on my Anroid tablet just to test it out and as said just need to get use to it. I didnt put it on our Android phones yet but will later today.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yep. On the web GUI the mode icons are missing and clicking on them (you can see a very faint outline of the click area) works but it's really sad that something as simple as this was missed. Regarding the Android app, stopping live view is not totally intuitive, since for me it takes two taps to bring up the stop icon. Also full frame is hard to get out of. You need to stop the live view.The taps to bring up the stop button in full frame occasionally do other things. It is a matter of getting used to it, but surprised that this shows up without any preamble to the changes. More taps to see wifi conncention and battery is alright I guess, but why?

Lemondog7
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yup. I’m not going to add anything Arlo related to my now broken system is nail they roll back to the previous app version.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Edge has been causing an issue for a month or so now... recommend Fire Fox ( as chrome has new issues now too )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
brh
Master
Master

@pc2k17

Mine works well on Chrome and Firefox. Arrows are there in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, (although Library videos never load in IE). Edge is the worst - no arrows and Library videos never load. 

No pixellation.

What are your internet up and down speeds?

Southern Brian

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@TomMac wrote:

Edge has been causing an issue for a month or so now... recommend Fire Fox ( as chrome has new issues now too )

Firefox, no thanks. They worked or still work with a company that decides what you can and can't get displayed in your browser, in other words censorship.

I recommend Arlo code there website correctly. Flash has secuity issues and MS closed a hole for embedded flash videos. Google and FF still allow this, which is why the arlo sites still works in those browsers. This opens chrome and FF users to potential flash security issues.

Bandaids do no good when it comes to security. If a website still uses flash, users shouldn't have to allow flash to run in a unsecure manner in any browser, just to use the website. The website should be fixed.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@brh wrote:

@pc2k17

Mine works well on Chrome and Firefox. Arrows are there in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, (although Library videos never load in IE). Edge is the worst - no arrows and Library videos never load. 

No pixellation.

What are your internet up and down speeds?

Southern Brian

Others have reported the same issues, so it's probably a data center, loction thing. Depending on your location and the data center your connecting to some probably see these issues while others don't. No arrows for me on multiple computers, with different videos cards, on edge and chrome, and only chrome allows the edit. Either way, it's another issue to add to the list.

Has nothing to do with internet speeds. I'm 25Mb down, 3Mb up. It's a coding or backend issue with the website.

brh
Master
Master

@pc2k17

Agree with your assessment. I have found that pixellation and slow videos or Live view directly related to two things:

1) Location or problems between your home and the servers. For example: also being a Smartthings user, notice that sometimes notifications are instantaneous and sometimes delayed, especially when there is a storm between your home and the servers.

2) Internet download and especially upload speeds. I take my home security very seriously after my home was burglarized. I am now on the Spectrum Ultra plan, (400 mbs down and 24 up). I rarely have any problems with my system which is why I asked. 

Agrre about Arlo getting rid of Flash, which they have indicated they are working on it. I don't use Firefox any more but for my purposes although I would prefer to use MS Edge for security reasons, Chrome is what I use the most.

Southern Brian