Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Fotog
Guide
Guide

Just recently the saved videos will not play.  When clicking on one the screen goes dark and says "Loading" but nothing further happens.

This happens in Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge on a windows 10 machine, but works fine if I use Chrome.

I have gone through all the fixes (I think) such as managing add-ons to make sure Flash is turned on, etc.

Any suggestion for further troubleshooting?

P.S. - Saved videos also play fine on iPhoneX and LG Tablet

160 REPLIES 160
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

My UI on Chrome is now back to normal, after being affected with missing icons by change .

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@brh

Ya my speeds are pretty slow compared to others, but the 100Mb down and I think 20Mb up is more than I'm willing to spend. Hopefully once Spectrum leaves our state, they got kicked out of the state for not living up to their end of the contract they agreeded to, we'll get some better speeds for a decent price.

But that said, I never had any issues with pixelation except on the trial firmware, the one they switched us back to again. After I submitted my bug report and smaple videos arlo agreed there was an issue and fixed it in firmware 26520 (current production firmware) and all was well again. Then we get rolled back and now the issue is back. Definetly the 25837 firmware.

My arrows are now back in chrome as well, can't check edge I'm on a win7 computer now. Maybe it was a replication issue. Hopefully I can edit modes in edge again when I test later.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

also @brh

Looks like they closed the thread for replies in the beta community so I couldn't reply.......... no worries man, I'm just a bit cranky seeing as how the beta seems to be just as bad with communication as the production world. Very frustrating.

brh
Master
Master

@pc2k17

I know what you mean. It seems that every time I leave my home, my system goes offline when I need it to work the most. As I use these cameras as part of my home security strategy I can't be having this happen as often as it has been. Happened again this morning while my wife and I were out for a couple of hours. Saw my system was offline again and sure enough my base stations were rebooting. No notifications whatsoever! Again!!!

Your internet speeds are more than adequate if you are at 100/20. I can't read your earlier post while I am writing this, but I thought the speeds you mentioned were much lower than that, so I was concerned.

Spectrum is my only choice. I was on the 100/20 plan paying $69/ month. I purchased a Skybell Trim HD doorbell and had a poor connection and pixellation and a few of my Arlo cams were only at 1 bar so I purchased the Netgear Orbi mesh router and two satellites and and extra Arlo Pro base. That fixed both of my problems. I kept seeing a special for 400/24 for $19.99 more per month and thought, "what the hay, why not," so I upgraded. I then returned my Spectrum modem and went for the Netgear CM600 high speed modem. When I returned the Spectrum modem the salesman told me why pay $89/month - if I bought a plan with either cable tv or their phone service bundle with this internet upgrade I would go back to the $69.99/month. I bought the phone service and returned the phone after 30 days and so I am still paying the same as before but with a much faster internet speed.

Brian

mimi25
Initiate
Initiate

Dawn M. - I have contacted your help desk and this still has not been fixed, going on two months and your post is dated 8/16/18 at 11:23 pm with no additional response from you. I think your company should refund all of us for these expensive cameras since they are not working appropriately and it is ridiculous as well as bad business practice to take months to try unsuccessfully to resolve an issue with your product. I will not recommend Arlo or Netgeat to anyone. 

Acshawzy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any updates on this?? I’ve been having the same issues. My cameras will play live feed, but will not play any videos that are recorded. They will not work in the app either.
kevinhillpac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does the problem with play back extend to those who pay the monthly fee?

PeaSoup
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, it extends to those paying the monthly subscription. It's a technical problem. Videos can be downloaded and played, but this is super annoying.
Kalie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you receive a reply. This problem is well known and going on for way to long now. ARLO appears to be doing noting or is not interested. I agree, ARLO ows all cutomers a refund for False Advertising, as their product does NOT work as advertised. Question is, how do we get to ARLO to get their attention? Is ARLO reading and reviewing the comments here? Is ARLO engaging in these comments? If not, why not? This is a very frustrating issue, and ARLO is not making it better or keeping us informed.

ldc_sac
Initiate
Initiate
The only thing I’ve been able to do, which is still not ideal, is set up a stringify string that uploads new recordings to my google drive. I can then view the video in the google drive app. Not great, but at least I can view them.
Chanteloup
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. Can’t watch videos in library, shows only a picture. If I download the video it shows nothing, just a white video .
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the free VLC viewer to watch downloaded videos. It will play virtually any video and is available for almost any platform.

chrisbb
Tutor
Tutor

Just as a suggestion anyone wanting a shortcut on their desktop to play library videos in Firefox without making it your default browser please use the following, I hope this helps some.

Create a Short cut on your desktop and past the following in it. (Assuming you have Firefox installed)

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" https:/arlo.netgear.com/#/cameras

Enter your username and pass and good to go.

Peace all..

Kalie
Aspirant
Aspirant

That / This is ARLO's solution for the issue? ARLO cannot be serious! Rather than acknowledge the issue, rather than respond to the issue and customers, and rather than correcting the issue, the recomendation is to install another browser, and create an executable link on the desktop, that requires a log in ?? Why the SILENCE from ARLO on this PROBLEM? The product does NOT work as advertised. The customers have invested a lot of money, and believed the advertising. ARLO should FIX the problem, OR REFUND our money. And why the SILENCE from ARLO? Come on ARLO - SPEAK UP !!

chrisbb
Tutor
Tutor

My Suggestion sir had nothing to do with Arlo I merly suggested as a owner to make it possiable to view your libarary with out changeing your default browser at least untill they do finaly come out with a fix.

You sir can yell and scream all you want about money or not hearing from them it is not going to do any good till they want it to, so I look at this way either work around the problem till there is a fix or just simply put them in the trash.

Have a great day.

markus412
Tutor
Tutor

Hey James,

It looks like you have 2 pages of unhappy people here.  You can't relaly blame them.  Anyone who buys an Arlo system is really buying the ability to monitor their home or work space remotely.  USUALLY this is from an App on a phone.  Seeing as how the phone part isn't currently working (the app video freezes or just shows a still shot), that's a pretty huge issue for owners security and peace of mind.  Not to mention that it's really the 1 thing the app NEEDS to have working at all times in order to be effective.  Having a home wireless security system with a non-functional app is like having a remote control car without a remote, or with a remote that has no batteries.  Pointless, right?

All anyone here is looking for is some re-assurance that netgear is aware of the problem, the problem will be resolved, and a timeline in which they will have to put up with a somewhat obselete system until this all gets fixed.  

Please help us out.  Thanks much.

-Mark

Ghostorchid
Aspirant
Aspirant
I started having this issue just less than two weeks ago. Suddenly I’m not able to watch any video in my library from the iOS app. Upon playback it’s like I’m viewing a still shot rather than a video. I’ve never had this issue ontill recently. Support has been unresponsive and of no help.
dbvid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem!!

srpieper23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not sure how many people need to complain before something happens as I am having the same issue of not being able to view my videos on my iOS phone.  Ipad, yes, iPhone, no.  

mathisje
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo is a small company. When the big boys do 'upgrades' to SO or browsers that break the small boys that's too bad. Vendors can pay Microsoft or Apple (or Unix) to pre-test their software for compatibily, but it is very big bucks and requires continuous testing. Since Firefox fixed my problem, I have no issues. In fact, I now prefer Fireox and should have made the change years earlier. The benefits to me of Arlo are relatively easy deployment and maintenance and free online storage. Downside is their software development and patching is not first rate. As long as they have no serious security holes, I see no reason to change.

srpieper23
Aspirant
Aspirant

FYI - looks like the update to 12.1 iOS has fixed the problem. 

Catrancher
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem. Library recordings used to play fine with Edge browser.  Now I have to switch to Chrome or Firefox. 

71zed
Tutor
Tutor

3 months and counting....Very impressive CS.

MJKA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here in Edge on Windows 10.

Please give us a solution soon!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone,

Our development team is still investigating this issue. We really appreciate your patience and understanding. We will make sure to update the community once we hear more information.