Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q VMC3040 won’t connect

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mag8204
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 VCM3040s connected and 3 wireless connected . 2 VCM3040s that will not connect. One had been connected and was unplugged for a while and will not reconnect. 1 new one that won’t connect. Paying for 10 camera plan. Tried factory resets on both and  they still won’t connect.

Model: VMC3040|Arlo-Q HD with Audio
Message 6 of 6

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When trying to reset the Q cameras, be sure to hold the reset button until the camera clicks and the LED flashes amber.

Depending on the firmware in the cameras, SSIDs and/or passphrases may not like special characters. Try changing the router settings to use only alphanumeric characters.

mag8204
Aspirant
Aspirant

Been on chat for over 40 minutes with tech support and still won't connect. all numbers for Network and router/ passwords match no special characteres other than the dashes and they are in the cameras that are working.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @mag8204

Are you still conversing with Customer support?

If the problem persists when you are done, let me know what troubleshooting steps you completed.

mag8204
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried all the Suggestions that I received and still cannot connect older camera(1 year) or new one. Been on Chat with Arlo for over an hour and have tried resetting nuerous times. WPS reset, Factory resets, Power adapters and regular resets. Nothing is working.

mag8204
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried all the Suggestions that I received and still cannot connect older camera(1 year) or new one. Been on Chat with Arlo for over an hour and have tried resetting numerous times. WPS reset, Factory resets, Power adapters and regular resets. Nothing is working

mag8204
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now they want me to try using my Cell Phone instead of Ipad or Laptop