Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q VMC3040 Won't Be "Discovered" By App Or My Computer After Reset

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PassJoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera suddenly stopped recording.  When I tried to rediscover it, the blue light stops, goes to blinking amber and says that discovery wasn't successful.  I tried factory reset several times, different router network, used computer vice app on phone, etc., and nothing works.  Help!

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove it from Settings, My Devices also and try syncing again.

PassJoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried that previously, and again just now and it still doesn't work.  After the blue light is on and it gives me a chime, the app searches for the device and I get a sound from the camera, then about a minute later, it says No Arlo devices found.  The phone is on the same network as the camera.  The camera reverts to a blinking amber light.  The device does not show up on the Arlo app and I can't discover it.  Help!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Might be worth trying to sync on a computer browser.

PassJoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, just tried that again using Chrome on a iMac.  Wouldn't disocver so suggested I reset to factory settings which I did and still no joy.  Help!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're holding the reset button until the camera clicks and the LED flashes amber, right? If so, swap at the store.

PassJoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, when I reset it, I put the pin into the reset hole on the side of the camera until it flashed amber, about 10 seconds.  Swapping at the store?  I ordered it from Amazon this past August so am sure it's out of warranty.  Or is it?  Not a good product if it fails this quickly.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have a 1 year warranty. Open a case with support here for a hardware problem:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx