Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Schedule Deactivation Function Is Not Working

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
MrFlow
Aspirant
Aspirant

The schedule function doesn't work with the latest firmware.

I use geofencing and when I am at home I use schedule.

It is supposed to deactivate everything in the afternoon and it also says "deactivated".

But, I still ge push notices that the cameras have detected movement!

I read that someone else had the same problem so please hurry up and fix it. I have tried to reset the base unit by toggling on/off/on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @MrFlow,

Try to setup the rules again through the Arlo app or web version to see if that fixes the issue for you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @MrFlow,

Try to setup the rules again through the Arlo app or web version to see if that fixes the issue for you.

MrFlow
Aspirant
Aspirant

That actually helped!

Please look into the stability of your software.

Now I have a problem that one of our phones always seems to be at home, though it's not. But that's maybe du to the phone?

Jorsuss
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue. How do I setup the rules again? I don’t see anywhere to delete them or reset them. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQs here on modes and rules. Use the Mode tab, click on your camera (or base if you have a base station, too) and check out the Armed mode. Create your own custom modes for complete control.

Jorsuss
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know how to make the rules. The solution to this issue suggests setting up the rules agin. How do I do this when I can’t delete the Geofencing mode and start again.  The rules are already set but it’s not working properly. How do I wipe them and start again? 

MrFlow
Aspirant
Aspirant
Open schedule and click on your action and uncheck the boxes for each day. Save and then setup from the beginning
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't delete the GF mode - you deactivate it or change its settings. It sounds like you should not use whatever rules you currently have in place and create new ones. If using the schedule, remove the entries and start fresh, as suggested above.

Jorsuss
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the input. I think my issue is that the location services are not working since I got a new iphone. It says (This Device) in my list but it also says unavailable. So when I come and go it's not switching to away and home mode. Obviously this was affecting my schedule as well. I'll probably wipe the camera and start from scratch.