Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
inevruss
Aspirant
Aspirant

I realize that the battery-powered Arlo users prefer shorter recording duration, but for Arlo Q, 14 seconds of recording duration seems rather short. Since it looks like video footage is stored every minute, and it only records for 14 seconds, what happens 15-59 seconds after motion is completely lost. I'm using Arlo Q mainly for security concerns, so this is not good. Is there any plans to increase the recording time for Arlo Q?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not quite sure what you're saying.  Q can be set for 10-120 seconds of recording, just like the wireless setup.  It's actually streaming all the time which gives you a couple of seconds before motion is detected so you get to see what the wireless cameras miss - the thing that triggered recording.  There's also the optional CVR (continuous video recording) that you can subscribe to to see 24/7.

To set the recording time, use the same thing as for wireless - Mode tab, choose system and edit your mode(s) to set recording time, sensitivity, and notifications.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not quite sure what you're saying.  Q can be set for 10-120 seconds of recording, just like the wireless setup.  It's actually streaming all the time which gives you a couple of seconds before motion is detected so you get to see what the wireless cameras miss - the thing that triggered recording.  There's also the optional CVR (continuous video recording) that you can subscribe to to see 24/7.

To set the recording time, use the same thing as for wireless - Mode tab, choose system and edit your mode(s) to set recording time, sensitivity, and notifications.

inevruss
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah, I missed that setting. Thanks for letting me know!