Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Some customers in Australia and New Zealand regions may be experiencing problems with live streaming and motion recordings not saved to library. We are working to resolve this issue, please see status.arlo.com for the latest information.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Adrine
Guide
Guide

For the first time I'm experiencing this problem with my Arlo Q. All of a sudden it randomly flashed this light during the night, why? I have night vision turned off as always. Please see photo. Also is this a light people could see from outside?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's hard to tell from other lights but it's likely the purple LED that signals a weak WiFi signal reflecting in your window. You can't disable that. I recently had that and restarted the Q which fixed the issue. If it's constant, put a piece of black tape over the LED to prevent it from being seen and/or reposition things so the signal is better.

Adrine
Guide
Guide

Thanks! Can you please specify the spot I should tape so I tape the right place?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't have a Q in front of me to see but it should be obvious - a small "hole" in the faceplate. Go to Settings, My Devices, your Q and use the Camera LED selection to turn the LED on to be sure.