Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Not Showing in App

Discussion stats
Netvuk
Guide
Guide

Today I had an issue with my Arlo Q camera. I couldn’t seem to be able to control it via the app or see live feed.

I decided to reinstall it:

1. I deleted the camera from the app

2. I reset the camera

3. I reinstalled the camera via the app.

The installation went fine but the camera did not show in the app. 

The camera is working as it is producing notifications and is recording clips.

I have repeated steps 2 & 3 a couple of times.

The camera shows in the notification settings and I have moved it out of notifications but it continues to send them.

Has there been a software update in the last 24 hours.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Netvuk
Guide
Guide
25 REPLIES 25
Morfik
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing just happened to me and my wife both is us using:

ArloQ Camera
IOS 14.5.1 (latest)
Latest version of Arlo app

Cameras and recordings both disappeared whilst in the app reviewing some items in the library.
grillinisti
Tutor
Tutor
Now I have lost cameras from app too.

IOS 14.5.1
ArloQ cameras
App version 3.2 (2202)
erikvds
Tutor
Tutor

Morning,

Here we go again. All my 3 Arlo Q's have suddenly disappeared from my list. The list is empty and i can only "add" devices.

Meanwhile they are active, give notifications of movement and/or sound, the counter of movie clips recorded increases, but no actual clips are added. The library stays empty.

I am not able to switch them off or delete them. Curious if i can add them again while the are "active in the background"

Anyone else having the same issues? Getting tired of all those random incidents...

Kind regards

edit:

Just after posting my message, i saw netvuk's post. Apparently we are having the same issue.

erikvds
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

Apparently we have the same issue, although i am not able to remove devices from my app. The devices list is empty.

Netvuk
Guide
Guide

If you delete the device and then restart the app it will have gone

Netvuk
Guide
Guide

Yes it sounds like the same issue - was ok until this morning

bkot
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same this morning.

Logging in via web shows the cameras listed under System > Device Orders  but don't appear under 'My Devices'

I have them linked into Smartthings and they are there!

Mbj1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the exact same issue with my Arlo Q this morning.

Have not managed to solve it yet.

Must be on Arlo’s side since it seems to be a general issue for all.
jimmarshall87
Star
Star
Dear Arlo - the issue seems to be that you have broken the endpoint vmc3040_i004.json which now returns a 404. See below.

I have the same issue as others here with my 5 Arlo Q cameras.

To those with the same issue, I would not bother trying to reset or repair your cameras - I think this is a server side fault with the endpoint and once they roll it back to the previous version the cameras will appear.

You will notice if you load the web app, whilst you will not see the devices in the My Devices tab you will see them in the Device Order tab and Subscriptions. You will also see a blank space where they are supposed to show up on the grid view of cameras.

It looks like the web and mobile apps are trying to query the capabilities of the different devices when it displays them, but this call fails for the Arlo Q.

Sort it out please Arlo!

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (vmc3040_i004.json, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (vmc3040_i004.json, line 0)
[Error] ERROR – Error: Uncaught (in promise): TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'this.capabilitiesService.hasActivityZonesOnDevice(t).hasOnDeviceActivityZones')
map@[native code]
Error: Uncaught (in promise): TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'this.capabilitiesService.hasActivityZonesOnDevice(t).hasOnDeviceActivityZones')
map@[native code]
ii (vendor.ad80878dad2d64b9fe0e.js:1:513624)
value (vendor.ad80878dad2d64b9fe0e.js:1:513864)
next (vendor.ad80878dad2d64b9fe0e.js:1:622633)
(anonymous function) (vendor.ad80878dad2d64b9fe0e.js:1:603329)
value (vendor.ad80878dad2d64b9fe0e.js:1:468872)
value (vendor.ad80878dad2d64b9fe0e.js:1:468019)
value (vendor.ad80878dad2d64b9fe0e.js:1:466899)
value (vendor.ad80878dad2d64b9fe0e.js:1:466530)
value (vendor.ad80878dad2d64b9fe0e.js:1:1795183)
value (vendor.ad80878dad2d64b9fe0e.js:1:603108)
(anonymous function) (polyfills.9287fdd69c33ac95e83a.js:1:4519)
onHandleError (vendor.ad80878dad2d64b9fe0e.js:1:615270)
(anonymous function) (polyfills.9287fdd69c33ac95e83a.js:1:4737)
t (polyfills.9287fdd69c33ac95e83a.js:1:14337)
(anonymous function) (polyfills.9287fdd69c33ac95e83a.js:1:14483)
b (polyfills.9287fdd69c33ac95e83a.js:1:12487)
(anonymous function) (polyfills.9287fdd69c33ac95e83a.js:1:11259)
d (polyfills.9287fdd69c33ac95e83a.js:1:24284)
y (polyfills.9287fdd69c33ac95e83a.js:1:24585)
BobQ
Guide
Guide
I’m also having the same problem, all cameras have vanished from the list - the cameras were there but unable to connect and recordings had been made recently. But when I closed and refreshed the app, both cameras had gone and no recordings visible
sfraser99
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here

Reset Camera

Added new device, setup went correctly thought to there finish

Then No Device in the list

But on MyArlo - videos appear in Library and I am getting plenty of motion sensor messages

MattRead
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the exact same issue. All my cameras have disappeared from the app this morning.

I have deleted and reinstalled the app and reset and re-registered the cameras and they are still not showing. I am still getting motion detection alerts and the footage via the web interface, but not on the app.

Is it possible that there is a server issue at Arlo? Seems strange this is happening to so many people on the same day.

48 hrs to sort this out before I migrate to Blink or Ring or anyone else!

otpuv481
Tutor
Tutor

Hi I have the same issue. My Arlo Q disappeared from the list. And I can't added it back.

erikvds
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your "tech point of view"! I hope support at Arlo takes a look at this and fixes the problem...

Lets hope Arlo repairs or rolls back asap...

BTW: There is a link to check Arlo status:

https://status.arlo.com/ 

Mothballs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, all three Arlo Qs suddenly not showing, but outdoor SmartHub Arlo is showing. And tried rebooting device & switching to another device, but made no difference. First time that’s happened, must be a server issue.

HoaHong
Guide
Guide
Same issue here. Not showing up in the app, but notifications works. 🤪
Pouzaj24
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras disappeared from my app last night. They still trigger motion alarms, but I cannot manage them anymore.

This is the case for both my iPhone app and login to the Arlo site from a workstation PC, so I know it's not the phone.

I've tried the following.

1. Reset the cameras, resync to account
  2. Logout/Login from app
  3. Delete App, reinstall

Thoughts?

Pouzaj24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, I determined they still show up in System > Device Order. I just cannot manage them at all.

Kazzy49
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have same problem, just occured
tshank90
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue, a router reset cleared it up.

bkot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Appears to be fixed.

jimmarshall87
Star
Star

Now fixed

Netvuk
Guide
Guide
Yes I agree it’s working