Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jonnynumber5
Initiate
Initiate

I've had two Arlo Qs for a couple years and they have worked fine throughout. I recently switched to Google wifi and they won't connect now. Specifically, at the syncing stage (after hearing the chime) the neither camera can be discovered? I've tried resetting the cameras and router and wifi at this point but no luck. Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There may (or may not) be an issue if both 2.4 and 5GHz WiFi bands use the same SSID. Does your setup do this? Can you separate the bands using unique SSIDs and try again? 

Try using a browser to sync instead since you can manually input the SSID you're trying to connect to.

Jonnynumber5
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks, I looked into that when I had issues syncing a universal remote. It seems that google wifi doesn't let you separate the two bands with discrete ids - unlike other brands that provide for separate bands (like orbi for example). This seems to be a feature (shortcoming?) with google wifi in that it selects what it determines is the optimal band and doesn't allow the user to do so manually.

By the way, when you say sync using a browser I didnt know that was an option. How would one go about that?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru