Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Displaying A Purple Light Randomly

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Karl-Ingo
Follower
Follower

suddenly my so far well working Arlo Q turns into a purple light. No function. what can i do? Purple light means WLan ok, but no internet connection.
my WLan and internet is working well with ipad and iphone.

4 REPLIES 4
EMW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem where the purple light is on.  This is a recent issue so why is it suddenly happening.  I have function but why is the purple light coming on

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Purple generally means a weak signal (of course, NO signal would also trigger that). You can try restarting the camera or reposition it or your router a bit to see if that helps. Sometimes, though, it seems to go on for no apparent reason and a piece of tape over the LED is needed. If you're not having problems with the camera and recordings, don't worry about it.

mbenadiba
Tutor
Tutor
Im having exact same issue with purple light. Camera is used as a baby monitor and wired to the network (so no rf radiation while the babies are sleeping) and the purple light just comes on in the middle of the night. I have the camera led option disabled.

Arlo, can you make all Led lights totally disabled when the led disable setting is set?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support