Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
charlesle
Tutor
Tutor

I know Nest will not allow users to subscribe to Nest Aware (24/7 recording) for most countries outside of the U.S. Is there a same limitation with Arlo Q?

Edit: I am a U.S. expat - I would be paying for the subscription using my U.S. address & credit card, not through a foreign account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ValleNorte
Guide
Guide

I have 14 US purchased Arlo Cameras installed and working on an Elite Plan (paid full year up front) down here in Chile. 2 base stations, 9 wireless cams and 5 wired Qs. All working perfectly in 2 different locations under the one account. It's a brilliant system! I should also add that I paid for my plan using a Chilean credit card

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only reason I see for diallowing is the use of encryption, which we've been told Arlo uses.  Exporting U.S.-based encryption can be a Big Deal but others here have not only bougth Arlo outside of the U.S. (different encryption? Encryption export license?) but have taken U.S.-purchased Arlo devices to other countries.  I think you'd be ok but an Arlo rep would have to answer this more definitively.  Or check all documentation to see if there are any restrictions/limitations.

ValleNorte
Guide
Guide

I have 14 US purchased Arlo Cameras installed and working on an Elite Plan (paid full year up front) down here in Chile. 2 base stations, 9 wireless cams and 5 wired Qs. All working perfectly in 2 different locations under the one account. It's a brilliant system! I should also add that I paid for my plan using a Chilean credit card

azriaziz
Tutor
Tutor

I was just told that payment must be made by a  card that matches the original country the cams are registered to.

I've even tried to edit payment settings and the initial registered country cant be edited. 

Can you elaborate on your payment method. 

ArloProChile
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can´t move up to a service plan that will allow me to use more than 5 cameras at the same time. I have 4 Pro cams and 4 regular Arlos. I have two base stations (a Pro and a regular one). All was purchased in Miami and I live in Chile (which is where I am trying to have it all work).

Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only option if your country doesn't have a plan supported by Netgear is to set up the camera and subscribe to the extra service while in the US (or other supported country) using a credit card that comes from that same country.  Then move the equipment to the permanent location for use.  The plan will stay in effect.