Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q CVR

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DAG444
Guide
Guide

I have an Arlo Q camera in my garage.  I received an email telling me it detected a sound and the picture in the email showed the garage door opener light on.  I played the video from the email, and I didn't see the door open.  So I signed in to veiw the time frame before the video was taken and the CVR didn't contain anything (it was missing).  And the CVR didn't  even have anything for the time frame that the video was taken!  It was missing.  Has anyone experienced this?   Is this a bug? 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have seen this when it seemed like the firmware was updated.  Blanks in CVR implies a loss of connection for whatever reason - camera restart, loss of Internet connection or power, communication with servers broken somehow, etc.

Maybe you had a brief power outage?

DAG444
Guide
Guide

I believe you're correct in some cases connection was disrupted.  I also use another camera that also has continuous recording (different camera (not netgear)).   Whenever I have a gap in Arlo recording I check the other camera (and visa versa)  to see if it's my network, or the netgear network.  And in some cases (not all) the other camera has video and the Arlo camera doesn't.  So in some cases I think the Netgear network might be "busy" and no recording is done.  It's difficult to say for sure.  All I know is, on some days I have gaps in recording and on some days I have no gaps.  I was just wondering if other people were experiencing the same issue.