Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q: Audio not detecting for hours at a time when Armed

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo Q is armed but audio is not being detected overnight, when I know there is enough noise for the camera to detect. Recordings start mid morning, but should have been detected all night. This has happened repeatedly and since my neighbour discovered the cameras can detect sound, though they were installed on police advice after sabotage and unauthorised works. How is this happening and what can be done to stop it?
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JustLearning,

Consider increasing the audio sensitivity of your camera. To do this, take a look at this article: How do I change the audio sensitivity on my Arlo Q and Arlo Q Plus cameras?

JamesC

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
The audio sensitivity was set to 100% but the cameras were not recording audio. I turned them off and on and changed the password - then they started recording audio again. Why is this?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may not have been the password but just an issue of a confused caamera that the restart helped.  Let us know if it stops working again (I'm sure you will).

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thank you for your reply, I thought it might be confused initially but it was two Arlo Q cameras that both failed to record audio and both were restored by changing the password and turning the cameras off and on. It would seem to be connected to the account.