Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q At Different Locations Told To Have 2 Accounts - Doesn't Work

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
AQski
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased an Arlo Q a few months ago for site A. I'll refer to that one as Arlo A. Then I purchased another Arlo Q, Arlo B, at a big box store after asking if I can use 2 Arlo's in the same app at two different sites. I was told that if they weren't on the same wifi I would have to have 2 different arlo accounts, signing out of one to use the other.

When I got to site B and installed Arlo B, I then called Arlo tech support and asked the same question about using 2 Arlo's at different sites on one app. I was again told that I needed to create a second account, which I had already done, and sign out of one to use the other. I then asked if Arlo A was armed, but I was signed into Arlo B, would I get notifications if the alarm was tripped? I was told that yes, indeed I would get an email and push notification if I had that selected. 

Arlo A was already armed at site A when I set up Arlo B and signed out of Arlo A and into Arlo B. I then armed Arlo B and flew back to site A where I proceeded to trip the alarm intentionally to see what happened. Nothing happened. No email and no push notification. When I then logged out of Arlo B and back into Arlo A there were clips in the library of each time the alarm was tripped, but no notifications. 

I've read on this board that you can have 2 Arlo camera's on the same account but each can be at different sites on different networks. Has anyone actually got that to work? If so, I will then need to know how to merge the 2 Arlo accounts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@AQski wrote:

I purchased an Arlo Q a few months ago for site A. I'll refer to that one as Arlo A. Then I purchased another Arlo Q, Arlo B, at a big box store after asking if I can use 2 Arlo's in the same app at two different sites. I was told that if they weren't on the same wifi I would have to have 2 different arlo accounts, signing out of one to use the other.

When I got to site B and installed Arlo B, I then called Arlo tech support and asked the same question about using 2 Arlo's at different sites on one app. I was again told that I needed to create a second account, which I had already done, and sign out of one to use the other. I then asked if Arlo A was armed, but I was signed into Arlo B, would I get notifications if the alarm was tripped? I was told that yes, indeed I would get an email and push notification if I had that selected. 

Arlo A was already armed at site A when I set up Arlo B and signed out of Arlo A and into Arlo B. I then armed Arlo B and flew back to site A where I proceeded to trip the alarm intentionally to see what happened. Nothing happened. No email and no push notification. When I then logged out of Arlo B and back into Arlo A there were clips in the library of each time the alarm was tripped, but no notifications. 

I've read on this board that you can have 2 Arlo camera's on the same account but each can be at different sites on different networks. Has anyone actually got that to work? If so, I will then need to know how to merge the 2 Arlo accounts.

I have had no problem using Arlo cameras at two different sites on different SSIDs connected to the same Arlo account.   I have two Arlo Pro base stations with a mix of Arlo, Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cameras at one location and I have a standard Arlo base station with one standard Arlo, one Arlo Pro 2 and one Arlo Q Plus camera.

I have a second account with an Arlo Pro base station, a mix of wireless cameras, Arlo Q, and Arlo Q Plus cameras at one location in New England and a NETGEAR MR1100 LTE router I’m using at a travel base station with three Arlo Pro 2 cameras currently located in the USVIs ...that’s pretty far apart!

So, yes.  I do this successfully and I even share the cameras owned by each account with the other account, so I can monitor them all at once on two different devices.  I log my iPad into one account and I log my iPhone into the other account.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AQski
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ended up solving this by granting access to each account. I now see both views regardless of which I'm logged into. I also tested the alarm on the one not logged into and now get both push and email notifications on the account I'm not logged into when that alarm is triggered. I found this process easy to do from my desktop by simply granting access from one and then accepting from the other via the email links. 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@AQski wrote:

I have had no problem using Arlo cameras at two different sites on different SSIDs connected to the same Arlo account.   I have two Arlo Pro base stations with a mix of Arlo, Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cameras at one location and I have a standard Arlo base station with one standard Arlo, one Arlo Pro 2 and one Arlo Q Plus camera.

I have a second account with an Arlo Pro base station, a mix of wireless cameras, Arlo Q, and Arlo Q Plus cameras at one location in New England and a NETGEAR MR1100 LTE router I’m using at a travel base station with three Arlo Pro 2 cameras currently located in the USVIs ...that’s pretty far apart!

So, yes.  I do this successfully and I even share the cameras owned by each account with the other account, so I can monitor them all at once on two different devices.  I log my iPad into one account and I log my iPhone into the other account.

AQski
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ancientgeek, before I saw your post tech support called me back. I explained what I had done, then asked if it could work under one account. They said yes, then walked me through merging both camera's under one account. So now all is working well and I have full access to the settings of both cameras under one login. 

Hopefully this will help someone else in a similar situation. Thanks for your input.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Glad it worked out!