Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo-Q AC powered -> WiFi Router -> Desktop PC Storage - Possible to do?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Herb987
Follower
Follower

Is it possible to

plug my Arlo Q vmc3040 into the AC power outlet, pointing out my living room window ...

connect it to the wifi router (which has NO INTERNET ACCESS) in my home office....

connect my pc in my home office to THAT wifi router and ...

have the captured audio and video clips stored to the hard drive on my computer?

If not - does Arlo corp have ANY devices at all (AC or battery) that can connect to a WiFi router that has NO INTERNET and store the images on a PC that is connected to that WiFi router that has NO INTERNET?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Herb987 wrote:

If not - does Arlo corp have ANY devices at all (AC or battery) that can connect to a WiFi router that has NO INTERNET and store the images on a PC that is connected to that WiFi router that has NO INTERNET?

It's a cloud-based service (even if you don't pay a subscription).  So all Arlo devices are designed to use an internet connection.  Some use a base station that you can connect storage too.  Those ought to capture motion to the storage when the internet is disconnected.  But you still need internet to set the system up, view the videos, and to control it (including ejecting the storage to view it on the PC).