Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding a second Arlo Q has broken my WiFi

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Triblokerich
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had a Arlo Q for 2 years and it has worked okay with little intervention, reporting alerts on both motion and audio.

I've just bought a second Arlo Q and am having real problems. After setting it up I found, within 24 hours that it was only reporting audio, not  motion alerts. Very soon after that both cameras went offline, moreover, my 2.4gb wifi network stopped working. My 5gb network continues to function but not the 2.4gb (which Arlo Q works to). The wifi router is supplied by Talktalk.

I have deleted, hard reset and restarted both devices which (eventually) started working again but, 24 hours later the wifi has gone down and neither camera is working.

From my viewpoint there is some sort of deadly embrace happening between the two devices where they are confusing each other by sharing the same port number but I would like to know, a) has anyone else had this problem and b) have they been able to solve it.

I will be sending back the second camera in a day or two if I can't fix it.

Thanks in anticipation

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does either or both cameras work fine by itself (no second camera set up)? It could be a faulty new camera which swapping at the store would be a decent solution.

Triblokerich
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think this may be the case. The new camera on its own has generated the problem, so far the old camera on its own is working perfectly.

A swap rather than refund may be the best first option