Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Murphdog856
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I have two Arlo Q cameras that suffer from audio drops and occasional disconnected cameras.

On both cameras the audio goes in and out on the intital connection from a web broser, iOS device, or Apple Tv for the first 15 seconds or so. Then it seems to smooth out with intermiitent drops thereafter. Sometimes the iOS app will have no audio on one camera until I close and reopen it.

The internet connection drops are random and both cameras seem to suffer at the same time. The led goes pink indicating that there is internet loss. Everything else I own that is internet based is running fine with no loss. 

Both cameras are close to a Ubitquiti AC Pro AP on 5.8 GHZ with excellent signal strengh and no interference. The AP is locked to a clear channel so it doesn't roll. They run through a Sophos XG Firewall with no filtering. I have combed the logs with nothing in evidence.  On a 50/50 Mbps FIOS connection.

Cameras have been default reset. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Can u force the 2.4 ghz channel to test them via the router? See if dropout continues.

the fact that both are dropping out means more like interference and or router.

This one sounds  like a trouble ticket to Netgear

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Murphdog856
Tutor
Tutor

Ok...Finally had time to deal with this. I put both camera's on  2.4. At first it seemed to have a lot less audio drops. One here and there. The IOS app still had "pauses" but 99% better. Then both cameras then stated having wild TX rate fluxuations on the Ubitquiti AC-Pro AP. With a near perfect signal(-55), I would be connected at 144 Mbps, then 13 Mbps, 5 Mbps, 78 Mbps, back to 13. All over the place. Nothing else wireless  I have does this. On 5.8 I would stay conneced 150+ with no flux, but lots of audio drops. I have tried different bandwiths, channel, etc. The cameras just do not like the AP. I have posted a similar post already in the Ubitquiti forum, awaiting comments. 

Even with the crappy rates it has less audio drops but still not usuable. 

Murphdog856
Tutor
Tutor

Disregard...it's bad on 2.4 also. I moved it in the same room as the AP and it stayed around 140 Mbps instead of the odd 13 Mbps rate it gets at  at close range, but the audio and video became choppy. I put it back on 5.8. Only time will tell if it starts being disconnected or dropping audio.

Since I use the iOS app mostly I'm wodering if it's why I'm seeing the audio drops a lot. The spinning wheel will appear often. On the web it seems ok for now. I did not do a lot of comparisons with the web vs iOS. Also I have launched the app and seen the camera go purple indicating no internet connection. 

Maybe it's time to try out a Q plus or the Pro before I move on to another solution.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Murphdog856,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC