Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
ozzyjah
Star
Star

Hi, I went to look at a possible incident on my recodings this morning and I could'nt access the library. It said updating database. I came back to it later as suggested and all the last 6 days are missing and todays from before 09-19. It looks like it was only installed today. I check the recordings every morning, they were all there yesterday for the last 6 days. But today everything gone upto 09-19 today. Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12
pabs4
Tutor
Tutor

The same thing happened to me this morning. My videos were there yesterday. Now they are gone.

JTelleria
Guide
Guide

Running into the same issue with my Arlo wireless cameras.  I have an Arlo subscription and have suddenly lost all my library’s saved recordings for the entire month of October with the exception of videos saved earlier this morning and recordings from Sept 25-30th.  Everything from October was there Monday evening last time I checked.  Then all of a sudden this morning, poof, all of October gone from my library.  I’m sure it’s just an issue Netgear is having with their cloud and hopefully all missing videos are restored later today.

tambeo
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue. All 3 of my Arlo Qs' recordings are completely gone. Is there any cloud recording server issue or maintenance going on today?

Rbrown77
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue.  Everything on the cloud has disappeared for me.  I can post new recordings and they appear, but everything prior to this morning 10/25/17 is gone.

tklein2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing has happened to me.  I received dozens of email alerts after midnight this morning... none of the links worked, so I logged in to find my library empty until a little after 4 AM this morning!

Also, the camera that reported all of the activity this AM, had brand new batteries as of Monday evening and now it says only 22% left.  Theory... Netgear had an issue (hack maybe) where it caused cameras to record for other than motion reaons, causing their database to crash.  Last night was calmm weather wise... no wind or rain and I live on a culdesac.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are multiple threads on this, all with the same observation.  If you check the Announcements section here, you find a post about the current outage:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Announcements/Arlo-Outage-Related-to-Library-Content/m-p/1405454#M2...

ozzyjah
Star
Star

Hi All, It is now showing the rest of the week. But there is 6 mins missing where there should be at least 4 motions recorded. During this 6 minute period an incident took place which is very important. An incident to which the police had been called. But the vital 6 mins, which may or may not have helped the police enquiries is missing.

What was the chances of that happening I wonder. It makes you wonder how reliable these WIFI camera's really are.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ozzyjah,

The restoration process was ongoing and took several hours complete. The time frames and completion percentages are noted in the link above

Also here: Arlo Outage Related to Library Content

The content you are referring to may have been restored at a later time.

JamesC

ozzyjah
Star
Star

Hi, yes I read all this about database etc. My problem being that there is a 6 minute gap between recordings. During the missing 6 mins a lot of things happened. Now I appreciate that my camera might not of recorded anything during the 6 mins, it seems very strange that the incident which started at 08.29 and continued at 08.31 and again at 08.33. Then again at 08.39. The incident continued right through these times, but nothing was captured between 08.33 and 08.39. Then although the incident continued for another 10 minutes the next recording was 08.53, which was 5 minutes after the incident finished. So it looks like several recordings which on any other day would have been there to view have either vanished, or where not recorded because of the downtime of the server.

EyeSpectre
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wondering if this is in any way an ongoing issue?  i see the announcement from October, but I am having the same problem today, and only today.

I've had my single camera for exactly a month.  This morning my library was empty.  When I first installed it, I checked the camera every day for almost two weeks and I had videos in the library.  I've got basic motion detection on for one minute clips.  Now, nothing.  So I restarted the camera --- no reset, just restart ---- and still no videos.  Odd thing is that if I mess around with the filters and then clear the filters, I can see videos from 1December.  No other day, just 1 December and videos from this morning.

Anybody have any idea what's going on?  I only have the basic subscription.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Things like this seem to occasionally happen but it's odd that you seem to be the only one affected. Try logging out of the app and back in and try a browser as well.

Edit: I now see another post about the same thing. Mine are showing fine so I'm not sure what's up. Open a case with support here to report it.

pabs4
Tutor
Tutor

My library is intact. I hope you find a solution.