Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

7 Days of recording free

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sfm42
Aspirant
Aspirant

My question is this. I open an account under one email address and add 5 cameras and select the free 7 days/1 GB option. Now does that mean each camera gets 1 GB or is that 1 GB for all 5 cameras to share. I'd rather not have 5 different accounts.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You get 5 cams for free under the Basic plan and tho it says 1gb, the limits at this time is not enforced

so don't worry about maxing out storage.

BTW ....on day 8, day 1's videos are auto deleted so d/ l and save any thing you want to save before the 7 day limit

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
sfm42
Aspirant
Aspirant

Losing day 1 is not an issue... We would be aware of an issue the next day in this situation. I just want to make sure we don't lose the 7 days by having 5 cams on the same email... Just don't want to have multiple accounts to get 7days / 1GB

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

sfm42 wrote:

Losing day 1 is not an issue... We would be aware of an issue the next day in this situation. I just want to make sure we don't lose the 7 days by having 5 cams on the same email... Just don't want to have multiple accounts to get 7days / 1GB

Even in a case with a limit ( even tho there isn't ) think of it this way....

These are MOTION triggered record cameras, they don't run 24/7.  A 10 second clip at best video is about 1 MB of storage. ( checked 2-30 sec clips and one was 2.3mb, one was 3.5mb )

That means even if there was a limit, you would have aprox 1000 - 10 sec recordings ...and if each camera was the same # it would be 200 each.

That's quite a few recordings esp if your system is set up properly...prob many more than normal.

Morse is faster than texting!