Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 Arlo Q cams .. only one will connect. Tried resetting, reinstalling, factory reset, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Tommeboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Changed out my router .. and now cannot get my cameras connected?
I have

- reset
- uninstalled
- reinstalled
- factory reset
- new wifi passwords
- try connect to 2 gHz and 5 gHz
and after 3 hours of misery .. only 1 of my 2 cameras will connect
I have seriously run out of options to try

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tommeboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok after 4 hours of trying all kinds of things I finally figured out what went wrong .. and how to fix
The issue was when I put into factory rest the first time, it was not complete with the reset (before I tried to synch) and this put the camera in an unstable state (that would never connect).  To correct, I had to reset the camera (again) and wait about 5 minutes before trying to synch.  Once I did this .. the camera was found (after 4 hours of fiddling).  Arlo cams are great when NEW .. but brutal redo if anything changes.

Hope this helps someone else out 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Tommeboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok after 4 hours of trying all kinds of things I finally figured out what went wrong .. and how to fix
The issue was when I put into factory rest the first time, it was not complete with the reset (before I tried to synch) and this put the camera in an unstable state (that would never connect).  To correct, I had to reset the camera (again) and wait about 5 minutes before trying to synch.  Once I did this .. the camera was found (after 4 hours of fiddling).  Arlo cams are great when NEW .. but brutal redo if anything changes.

Hope this helps someone else out