Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Server issue? Live not working and no new Library videos

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Norseman427
Tutor
Tutor

There seems to be a server issue!
I keep getting Motion and Audio notifications on my phone where I have the app, when expected based on me moving in front of the camera.
However, the live feed claims it can only do max 5 stream and I have none (and the image used is 1 day old), and the Library app does not have any videos listed sine 3:19 yesterday.
Where can server status be checked, and when will the system be back up working properly?

Also, creating a support case returns an error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wayne72
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've expirenced this issue as well about 4th September. I'm getting nearly monthly drops like this that require a power cycle of the camera to recove library recording.

I've also noticed it stops recording on the SD card after the power cycle. If you remove the SD card and write a file to it on a PC you can reinsert the card and it will resume recording to the card.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Wayne72
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've expirenced this issue as well about 4th September. I'm getting nearly monthly drops like this that require a power cycle of the camera to recove library recording.

I've also noticed it stops recording on the SD card after the power cycle. If you remove the SD card and write a file to it on a PC you can reinsert the card and it will resume recording to the card.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Norseman427,

If you're still getting recordings that means the camera is still connected. Have you tried rebooting the camera? Do you still get the same behavior when attempting a live stream?

JamesC

Norseman427
Tutor
Tutor

I did a chat and was told to power cycle of the camera, which solved the issue, so not a server issue after all.

Good thing this issue did not happen when I was away on vacation for a couple of weeks...

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation