Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Poor App and just Cannot Connect (Q & Q Plus Camera)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tjfan001
Aspirant
Aspirant

First of all, the Arlo app is so poorly designed. It requires the user to type in the network name! Why can't it auto detect the network that my iPhone is using, or at least put up a network list to choose from?

Then, after working for the first few months, the app just couldn't detect any devices at all. I've tried numerous time resetting the camera, seeing the lights blinking amber or blue (whatever), and the app could not detect devices at all. I've tried removing devices then adding them back, still didn't work! The app was just blind and couldn't detect anything!!

What a waste of money! So disappointed and pissed!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tjfan001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got them to work again by doing manufactural resets. That is, using a paper clip and insert the pin into the tiny hole that marked "reset". Then, the app was able to detect the devices. Apparently, something preset into the device, possibly the old network information, prevented the device to be detected by the app.

Still, a very painful experience indeed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tjfan001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got them to work again by doing manufactural resets. That is, using a paper clip and insert the pin into the tiny hole that marked "reset". Then, the app was able to detect the devices. Apparently, something preset into the device, possibly the old network information, prevented the device to be detected by the app.

Still, a very painful experience indeed.

HONY
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the first issue I have had and find the system great but you had better have at least 100Mb on the internet if you are using several Q's, Echos, Rokus etc.  I think the peripherals are getting ahead of the wifi G's. The indoor, outdoor cams have a booster modem to help but not the Q.  It might be why they offer a hard wire Q?  Not a techie, just guessing here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation