Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not Recording Audio & Improper Timing : Arlo Q & Arlo Q Plus

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
lrannazzisi
Initiate
Initiate

I have two Arlo cameras, Arlo Q and Arlo Q Plus. I've owned the Q for a year and a half now and recently added the Q Plus to my home security setup. I was hoping the audio problems I've experienced with my original Q would be limited to it, but alas, the Q Plus also seems to be glitchy in the same way..

Clips that are recorded due to detecting audio will more often than not contain no audio. Same problem within viewing CVR footage, shows blue (audio) lines, but no audio plays back, not on my app, not on my pc or mac. 

A quick check on live footage will surprisingly have audio working the majority of the time, though sometimes it too is completely silent. Either way, when I notice the lack of audio in any case, my first step is reboot the camera which seems to get it back to it's intended functionality for a short time. However any instance where the audio recording would of been useful, it has naturally reverted to its lack of audio ways, which is incredibly frustrating as one can imagine. 

Additionally, I've noticed a discrepancy in the CVR where it'll have marked audio and/or motion at let's just for an example 12:05pm, but upon reviewing footage for that timestamp, nothing of any sort happens, however I find if I either jump ahead or back 2-3 minutes, I find the event that triggered the detection. This weird time lapse glitch makes the majority of the clips recorded to my library pure garbage. Well not pure garbage I guess, they at least give me an idea of when something happened and then I get to manually watch every ticking second of footage in 5 a minute range (both ways) to pinpoint when and what happened. 

Many, many problems aside, the cameras still offer more peace of mind if I didn't have them at all. But for over $200 a pop, it would be nice if they worked fully as advertised. 

And before any one suggests I check the audio settings, yes that has obviovsly been done to the point of exhaustion. This is not user error, it's sadly seems to be something in the firmware. Something many other users have reported issues with. Here's to hoping it gets worked out sooner rather than later!

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lrannazzisi,

From your description, it sounds like the issue is mostly intermittent. Have you tried rebooting your Arlo Q/Q+? Does a reboot resolve the issue? Does the issue return after the reboot?

JamesC

Gukgnuhc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem...The device won't capture the audio. The model I have shows on the panel outside the box showing as Model No. VMS4330

The wireless cameras aren't worth buying. Was told the wired cameras are more secured as with anything else.

I am hearing constant stomping and tapping noise on the walls and the camera won't capture the noise. And when I bring my Samsung Galaxy S6 near the camera, there would be a very loud noise.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gukgnuhc,

Try increasing the audio sensitivity on your camera. You can do this by following the steps here: How do I change the audio sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

The loud noise you hear when bringing your mobile phone close to the camera is an audio feedback loop. When using your phones microphone, be sure you are a good distance away from the camera so this doesn't occur. For more information on this, take a look here: I hear a high-pitched sound when I stream live video from my Arlo camera; what do I do?

JamesC

lrannazzisi
Initiate
Initiate
From your description you didn’t actually read my post in its entirety. Because if you had, the first thing I mentioned doing is rebooting.

Though by some unexplained miracle, after I posted about these issues, they stopped happening. Almost as if someone took note and secretly fixed the problem.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation