Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
daviesd
Guide
Guide

I added an Arlo Q to my existing 4 wireless camera's.  The microphone works at home but when I am away it just says please wait and I can't use the microphone.  Also sometimes it takes a long time to get the camera live.  Can someone help me!  I would really like to use the microphone when I am away from home.  Really doesn't help me that much when I am at home.

88 REPLIES 88
TeknicalKo
Star
Star
The issue they found is that t-mobile uses IPv6 and arlo netgear uses IPv4 I heard months ago they are implementing IPv6 netgear that is but still no completion which is sad since they now know what needs to happen it should not take this long to implement the upgrade...
TeknicalKo
Star
Star
Any updates that you can get for us moderator ? It I s clearly not based off not knowing the resolution it now comes down to how much t-mobile is willing to spend on the upgrade to IPv6. A bit disappointed that the customers impacted don't outweigh the financial impact where is the pride in the brand 😞
ImBenDood
Aspirant
Aspirant
response from Netgear Support.

"Currently our engineers have already identified the cause of the issue, T-Mobile currently has switch there network to purely IPv6 where in the push to talk feature was designed to work on only IPv4. Currently our engineers are working on implementing to support IPv6 to resolve the issue. As of the moment we do not have yet received an ETA but we can assure you that our engineers are prioritizing the issue to be able to immediately resolve the issue."

FIX THIS **bleep** NOW! ITS BEEN OVER 2 MONTHS. THIS IS RIDICULOUS FOR A COMPANY THIS LARGE TO NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF THESE MINOR FIXES. .
Holla_Ciao
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought the Arlo Pro two days ago and noticed that the mic wont work when I'm away from home using cellular data. I have several posts on this issue and noticed it's been a problem for over a year. Any solution yet. I am using I phone 7 plus

TeknicalKo
Star
Star
The fix has not been implemented and if I know the history here you must also be on T-MOBILE. I have a corporate Verizon phone in which it works when cellular however when cellular through TMobile it does not work. They have identified the fix (upgrade) needed but have failed to implement.
Vin_025
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem with the Arlo Q I purhased 2 days ago.  I have T-Mobile w/ iPhone 6 and am unable to connect to voice using my cellular data.  Only when I'm on wifi connection it works.  I'm debating on whether I should return it or hold out for an update, though it seems that this problem has been presented a long time ago and no resolution has been done.  Kind of defeats the purpose of having security away from home if you cannot connect to voice unless you are on wifi.

rbabista
Aspirant
Aspirant

Karbeezy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem, iPhone 7 / T-mobile . It only works on my home network/WiFi.
Charliehoss58
Guide
Guide

I keep seeing TMobile and IPhone as the problem. I have both but my wife uses a android with TMobile and doesn't have an issue. I think it must be more an issue with the Arlo Pro and Apple not working together on cellular. It has been more then a year so looks like this issue isn't going to be resolved. It looks like instead of fixing this Arlo just made a different camera. Really think at the least they should offer the difference in the pro and non-pro to purchasers. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix for this went out recently that should resolve issues with the push to talk feature when using a T-Mobile device on a data connection. Please let me know if you continue experiencing any issues.

JamesC

Karbeezy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is the fix automatically done or is there something I have to do on my end because it still doesn’t work
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Karbeezy,

Reboot your mobile device and be sure all of the latest updates are installed and try again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

jdelong
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC,

After verifying everything was up-to-date and rebooting my device, this issue for me has been resolved! I can talk through my camera while connected via data on a TMobile network! Thank you!

John

TeknicalKo
Star
Star
HOLY SHIZ!!! Amazing TMOBILE now works with mic when cellular (data). JAMES MERRY FN XMAS. Sorry I am absolutely way more professional then this but WOW a miracle! Finally they upgraded to work with IPv6 and IPv4... so long thread folks - BRYAN OUT