Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
donwiss
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know that audio can be turned off in the settings, but is there a way I can permanently disable the audio in the camera? Can I break the mike? Can I cover the mike with glue?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

donwiss wrote:

I know that audio can be turned off in the settings, but is there a way I can permanently disable the audio in the camera? Can I break the mike? Can I cover the mike with glue?

Yes... anything is possible.  The easiest thing is to just buy an Arlo camera without audio.

But again. yes you can physically dsable the mic, and again a bit of siicon sealent over the mic opening will take care of most of the problem

Still can't understand why when it's so simple to turn off the mic in settings.... yes it does turn it off.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
donwiss
Aspirant
Aspirant

I haven't seen a model without audio. I have not been able to find detailed specs comparing the available models. The website is all marketing hype aimed at someone knowing little about security systems.

I want to permanently shut the sound off, as the unit would be inside the bedroom of a rental unit facing out the window. Do the inside units have the same camera specs as an outdoor unit? I can't tell. Do the models without audio have the same camera specs?

To mount a camera outside I have limitations. It is a rowhouse on a 20' wide property. There is a stoop on part of the 20'. And the neighbor's stoop on the other side. I don't want the camera where it can easily be stolen, e.g. by reaching over from a stoop. And I don't want it high up, where I get the tops of people's heads.

Last week I had two packages stolen that the post office simply left in front of the house. If I want to see who the thief is, I want face shots as much as possible.

dturner26
Tutor
Tutor

In settings o fthe desired camera, look for audio settings. In there you can toggle the microphone and speaker settings on or off.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation