Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
SJones92
Tutor
Tutor

I've been trying to accept access to my mother's phone with no luck. She followed the link, created an account, but after opening the  app there was no invite to be accepted and she was unable to pair her phone with the Arlo. I've gone through coutless post on the discussion board but no one seems to have gotten a solution. At least not one that was posted. Any suggestions??

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @SJones92

Have you tried to grant access to another email by chance? (does that go through). Does she happen to have any spam filtering by chance?

SJones92
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, I tried sending the invite to my dad as well since he also needs access. But it did not work for him either. They both have created accounts but there is no where for them to accept the invite.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

mshumph
Guide
Guide
Did you find the solution to your problem? I am having the same problem and have tried to send to multiple emails. Invite is either not received or when received, recipient is guided to set up a new system.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@mshumph

Does the person you send the email to have an account created yet? They will need to create an Arlo account before they can access your system.

SJones92
Tutor
Tutor
Nope, never found a solution. I ended up using another company.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SJones92

Thank you for your reply. Best of luck & if you ever have any questions, I will be happy to assist you.

mshumph
Guide
Guide

Solved my grant access problem. System is setup under my husband’s profile. I had access but it expired.

I have 4 email accounts—-sbcglobal, Yahoo, Outlook and Gmail. I could send to and receive the invite at sbcglobal, but upon acceptance and trying to create my account, system treated it as a new install. When I tried to resend invitation, system said this email address had already been used and wouldn’t resend. I could not send invites at  all to either Yahoo or Outlook. I finally sent invite to gmail.  I was able to create my account, and then grant access privileges. No idea why the other emails did not work. 

RickA1967
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hutch44
Initiate
Initiate
I had same issue with the invites. Accept the invite but create the account online through a browser not the app. Once you have done this and verified the device and log into the app it should recognize the user.
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation