Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q wont connect despite Router showing it connected

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jibeker
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, I have had my Arlo Q now for one year and three days.  Awesome.  Yesterday, it stopped working.  I got three notifications that it detected movement, but I opened the app and it did not show that the videos were saved.  Then live video wouldnt load so I remotely reset the camera, except at this point it never turned back on.  The base station couldnt detect it, so I removed the device and attempted to add it again.

However, now it just won't connect.  It always gets to the "Discovering your device... Please wait" screen and never gets beyond that.  The LED indicator never stoped flashing blue.  

I have restarted the Q.  I've unplugged it and plugged it back in.  I've restarted the base station.  I've restarted the router.  I have factory reset the Q.  I have attempted to connect the Q to a guest wifi network.  Nothing works. 

But most curiously, the router shows that the Arlo Q is connected to it.  The Arlo Q just doesn't seem to know that.  This makes me think it's a hardware issue, which is just great because I am three days out of the warranty period.  Anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jibeker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Turns out, I have an Arlo Q Plus.. not an Arlo Q, and that distinction is very important when trying to connect the camera to your Arlo account.  Such a simple solution, too.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've found that my Q seems to be not connected until I log out of the app/browser and log in again and there it is. Have you tried that?

Jibeker
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I have. Both on the web browser and the phone. I do that each time I try to reconnect the camera.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd still open a case with support to see if they can suggest anything else. Maybe no replacement but they have access to logs that may be useful.

Jibeker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Turns out, I have an Arlo Q Plus.. not an Arlo Q, and that distinction is very important when trying to connect the camera to your Arlo account.  Such a simple solution, too.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation