Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q stuck with solid amber light. Cannot contact support team from UK.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
JT22
Follower
Follower

Seemingly a common and disappointing problem with my Arlo Q and the solid amber light.

Have already got one working Arlo Q so bought another, straight out the box nothing but amber light. Can't connect can't do anything. 

Worst of all you can't email customer support in the UK, it doesn't give you that option if you change your location from the US, this is hugely disappointing. Don't even bother trying live chat either as you just get left with the connecting you to agent screen and nothing else.

Anyone got any tips aside from using it as a paperweight?

Do Arlo respond to these message boards?

12 REPLIES 12
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey JT22,

Have you tried doing a factory reset to see if that helps?

And to contact the support team from UK, feel free to use this link: Arlo Support in UK

azim3136
Aspirant
Aspirant

This happened to me when I was trying to setup. I held the reset button with a paperclip for 10 ish seconds, and then unplugged the camera, plugged it back in, waited 10 ish more seconds, and then held the sync button and it eventually started to blink blue. Thankfully...because for a while there I thought for sure I'd got a defective cam.

BearMountainMan
Initiate
Initiate

Have had the unit for over a year and it was working great. Unplugged it for a couple months, plugged it back in and it wouldn't connect to the wireless system, now pushing reset over and over for minutes till fingers hurt and never get the amber to blink. Have unplugged and plugged back in and held sync for ever and still solid amber. Disappointed.

Tesanovic
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same problem and I think problem is old FW. I bought my camera while traveling in Switzerland i have no option to return it. I also bought Arlo pro and after update FW everything work. Router detect arloq-plus and give IP address but app not detect camera. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Tesanovic,

What firmware are you running on your Arlo Q Plus? The latest firmware is version 1.9.0.0_269. You can read more about it here: Arlo Q/Q+ - 1.9.0.0_269 - 25th October 2018

Tesanovic
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't add the camera to the app to see the FW version but I guess it's older like 1.8.X.X. Other cameras (another model) I bought in the same place and same time had the old FW version but they go over the base station and I can update FW. 

Aafter a constant orange, the LED slowly blinks orange and responds to the ping but app cant find camera

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What step do you have trouble on when trying to pair? Try following these steps when setting up the Arlo Q camera:

Tesanovic
Aspirant
Aspirant

My problem is connecting Arlo q plus with app. When i connect camera with ethernet Arlo Q plus receive ip. When i try wireless conection it also connect to router (i see ip address given to arloq-plus and i can ping camera)
I found on the net that the same problem is an older version of FW and that it should be remotely updated but that only can do arlo support

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Feel free to contact the Support Team so they can help you with that. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Tesanovic
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contact support but response is very slow a little weird. Only once I receive answer and asked to reset the base station and remove the battery ?!? I think this is a generic answer. I didn't get any message after that 😞

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you in regards to your contact with the support team.

Tesanovic
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was contacted by Aladdin from arlo support. I am very grateful to Aladdin for his patience (more than an hour of telephone conversation). We tried all the standard connection methods without success. Since I have a problem with RMA due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I've been trying to figure out what the problem might be. I still think the problem is with the FW version. Through the router firewall I see when Arlo Q plus initializing, first contacts several ntp servers and then establishes an https link to xbroker4-z1.qa.arloxcld.com which is uninterrupted and has some low throughput (several tens of kilobytes). Anyone have any suggestions what to do

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation